This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish you hadn't of............

Default Re: Wish you hadn't of............

Oh no he did-eent! Wish he hadn't of.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    Comments like the OP in this thread always make me think of Reagan. an actor who became President.

Not that Canada is different...we elect retired hockey players instead.
    We also 'elect' the spoiled rotten 'Juniors' of previous presidents who have absolutely no idea what the heck they are doing and take vacations every six weeks and make up their own wordesses!!! (see what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    Don'tcha love the "post-and-dash" folks???
    I call them the (s)hit and runs.

I read the essay and was impressed. It is important that people who have people pulling power speak their minds. SK is speaking his mind, not asking us to agree or disagree. I thought it was extremely well written and many of the negative comments attacking SK were from an emotional point of view rather than debunking his arguments.

Despite what the NRA state, the second amendment will not be infringed by restricting the access to mass-killing machines nor will background checks infringe on these rights. If you have nothing to hide or are of sound mind then you have nothing to fear from a background check, and if it prevents an unsound minded person from procuring these kind of weapons then it is a great thing.

As a general rule, I ignore the celebrity's views on whatever as long as I like their works. I was (and still am) a big fan of Joan Baez (singer) although she was very vehemently against the war in Vietnam (I served on the ground in Vietnam) and still enjoy her music; the same as Elton John and Cher. I may not like their politics or life styles, but that does not deter me from enjoying their works.

John

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. His poor grammar prevented me from being able to take his opinion too seriously.

Ah, well. I see he isn't even bothering responding to us. Don'tcha love the "post-and-dash" folks???
    I'm so glad you and Fushing said this. Every time I see the title of this thread I cringe.

Of course, since I am now writing this I'm going to be subscribed and I'm going to see it all the time.

I am now having a war in my head if I should post this or not. I am going to. That's what unsubscribe is for!

I think it is unfortunate that the member who began this thread is labeled a troll. So much for empathy. He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave. --William Drummond.

I understand your feelings, jimson, for I share those feelings about wanting to read anything new from Stephen King. That others cannot understand those feelings is a sad affair. King wrote about those who are quick to send their feelings, thoughts, what have you...out there. I don't have the exact wording in front of me, but evidence of that is all around us.

And I'll hazard that the millions Mr. King has made by the sale of his work are an unfortunate product that is but a small portion of the money spent trying to create the kind of utopia that more often has resulted in dystopia. I've heard and read the expression, how could they allow this to happen! Well, sheesh, it seems like every day brings us closer to something happening...and the anonymity of the web certainly doesn't help, either.

I fear that in the end the lack of discourse will lead to troubled times. Some have said that we are in the early stages of Civil War II. People are choosing sides, targeting the other, ostracizing the other...and it'd be a blue-eyed wonder if we can ever go back to the kind of constructive debate that I'm led to believe was the norm.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Gluepot???

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    I think it is unfortunate that the member who began this thread is labeled a troll.
    He came in, made a fuss, and never came back. That's pretty much a troll.

We get that you don't want to read SK. We don't care. Good for you. The essay has been out for awhile so we've heard it all, and frankly we're tired of it. You're not going to change our minds. And we're not going to change yours. So take your new reading habits and take off. We really, really don't care.

I'm very sorry because I'm sure you feel cheated and upset and rejected by someone you respected but again, we're all over it. And he's not going to come read your comments so move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    He came in, made a fuss, and never came back. That's pretty much a troll.

We get that you don't want to read SK. We don't care. Good for you. The essay has been out for awhile so we've heard it all, and frankly we're tired of it. You're not going to change our minds. And we're not going to change yours. So take your new reading habits and take off. We really, really don't care.

I'm very sorry because I'm sure you feel cheated and upset and rejected by someone you respected but again, we're all over it. And he's not going to come read your comments so move on.
    Oh la!

But I'm discoursing!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast