This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Wish you hadn't of............

Default Re: Wish you hadn't of............

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Well maybe I should have chosen more respectful wording. I apologize Mr King and Mr Kings fans.

Kind of hard to keep up with things here when your posts are held up for approval. I was accused of being a drive by troll but what happened is that I checked the forum a few times after submitting my comment and never saw it, so I moved on.

In any case, since I see another of my posts hasn't made it on here, I wanted to restate that I consider it different when a celebrity with a large following uses that pulpit for political advocacy than when an unknown like me expresses an opinion on a message board.

An entertainer or even a business whose fans or customers are from a wide spectrum might be advised to keep their opinions to themselves. Chik Fil A anyone?

I want to enjoy my favorite entertainer's talent, not hear their political opinions, and I get turned off when I do.
    While most people here didn't agree with the chik fil a comments the vast majority said he can choose to say whatever he wants and we can choose not to eat there and move on.

I'm tired of this thread.

jimson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    As an American he has the right to say whatever he wants, it doesn't matter how big the venue. When you start limiting what people say based how how big their audience is you're seriously impeding on the freedom of speech.

And who gets to choose when an audience becomes too big to say what you want?
    Never said he didn't have the right, only that he is in danger of losing a constant reader by doing so. Haven't decided yet.

Perhaps I'll keep reading, but put my hardback collection on e-bay and donate the proceeds to the NRA, LOL.

Not sure why you're reading Mr. King's comments as critical of Conservatives. They are critical only of extremists. The two examples you referred to are Oswald on the left and Palin on the right.

If you don't want to support the Brady Center, don't buy Guns.

There, problem solved.

jimson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Not sure why you're reading Mr. King's comments as critical of Conservatives. They are critical only of extremists. The two examples you referred to are Oswald on the left and Palin on the right.

If you don't want to support the Brady Center, don't buy Guns.

There, problem solved.
    Ok then.

Some criticized me for posting and disappearing so I came back to answer the bell. I'm happy to move on now.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    ...I wanted to restate that I consider it different when a celebrity with a large following uses that pulpit for political advocacy...

I want to enjoy my favorite entertainer's talent, not hear their political opinions, and I get turned off when I do.
    Can you direct me to your thread chastising Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair (POTUS) during Mitt presidential campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Me too. Kinda like beating a dead horse, isn't it?

jimson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Can you direct me to your thread chastising Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair (POTUS) during Mitt presidential campaign ?
    There isn't one. Obviously, I didn't find that offensive because I am biased. It is in the same category though and perhaps something he shouldn't have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Me too. Kinda like beating a dead horse, isn't it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Yes, Ma'am.

Peace.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast