Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
It ***Spoilers*** - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It ***Spoilers***

Default Re: It

I have been reading SK books for the past 18 years or so (give or take since 5-6th grade) and never read It. About halfway through right now and its a great book. If Derry was real, wouldn't the murders be starting back up about right now? Every 28 years or so, last happened in 1985.. I just thought it was odd that I never thought to read this until now.

Envy you reading it for the first time, Corey,you have good stuff ahead!Enjoy your time here,come on down,we all float here..

Picked up a brand new copy of IT yesterday. It was a toss up between IT and the Stand. Read the first two chapters in bed last night and had crazy nightmares. God help me over the next month!

I set the eldest bratling to reading IT. He put it down pretty quick to read something a little less like nightmare fuel--Nightmares and Dreamscapes....

I must have reread that one at least a dozen times and every time I notice something new. Funny though, the things that impress you at 14 comparing to the things you find extraordinary at 30... How does the old saying goes? You can't cross the same river twice, because you're not the same person and it's not the same river. Well, It is certainly not the same book .

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Gustafson View Post
    I have been reading SK books for the past 18 years or so (give or take since 5-6th grade) and never read It. About halfway through right now and its a great book. If Derry was real, wouldn't the murders be starting back up about right now? Every 28 years or so, last happened in 1985.. I just thought it was odd that I never thought to read this until now.
    Yes, 1985 + 27 == 2012.

There was some speculation that Mr. King might revisit the aging Losers, who'd be collecting their first Social Security checks right about now, but that idea was quashed--Mr. King, it seems, is done with clowns.

And rightly so, in my opinion. The story is told, and it shouldn't be meddled with, nevermind how much I might want to read more. The little temptations he leaves lying around are maddening, though--the purple aura, the graffiti--simply maddening.

still freaked out by that infamous scene when there kids in the sewer (ill not spoil it ) but it was well weird

Quote Originally Posted by BleakMid View Post
    Picked up a brand new copy of IT yesterday. It was a toss up between IT and the Stand. Read the first two chapters in bed last night and had crazy nightmares. God help me over the next month!
    I'm afraid you're in for one he'll of a crazy month, a brilliant one. I envy people who are reading IT for the first time.

great book, i also read and finished it last month, quite long but its a good book to read and yeah it this novel is quite scary hahaha

Powerful psychological book.
    Mr. King knows what you're afraid of.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast