Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What was the first S.K. title that you read? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the first S.K. title that you read?

Default Re: What was the first S.K. title that you read?

Lost my virginity to SK with the paperback copy of 'Salem's Lot way back when it had the all black cover with the embossed girls head with the one drop of blood in the corner of her mouth and no title or King's name on it! A friend handed it to me and said 'You have to read this!'. I was mesmerized and terrified reading this book! I lived in a small town in pennsylvania and I 'knew' all of those characters in that book! It's my 'fav' still, all these years later. About a year before this happened, a different friend handed me a paperback of Carrie (before the original movie came out) as asked if I wanted to read it. I looked at the back cover, read what it was about, handed it back and said 'No thanks.' Who knew, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Lost my virginity to SK

Finally someone else says something that can come across as dirty other than me!!!! I am vindicated!

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

My best friend convinced me to read Gunslinger back in college. Up until that point I had dismissed King as a horror writer (I watched Pet Cemetary with my older brothers several times as a child and the whole thing, ESPECIALLY Zelda haunt me to this day), and was hesitant to read it. It quickly became one of my favorite books and now I'm hooked on the DT series (just finished my 3rd reading) and I'm starting to branch out to some others!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

Finally someone else says something that can come across as dirty other than me!!!! I am vindicated!
    Oh, babe, I am the KING of the double-entendre!! I have no shame......

Night Shift, I was 11. I had to sneak it from my mother. I was supposed to be reading Judy Blume.

Oh, babe, I am the KING of the double-entendre!! I have no shame......
    That made my day. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vose View Post
    My best friend convinced me to read Gunslinger back in college. Up until that point I had dismissed King as a horror writer (I watched Pet Cemetary with my older brothers several times as a child and the whole thing, ESPECIALLY Zelda haunt me to this day), and was hesitant to read it. It quickly became one of my favorite books and now I'm hooked on the DT series (just finished my 3rd reading) and I'm starting to branch out to some others!
    Ohhhhhh, man, Zelda (in the movie) haunts me also!!! 'Never get away! Never get away!' Creepiest scene in a movie!!!

Lost my virginity to SK with the paperback copy of 'Salem's Lot way back when it had the all black cover with the embossed girls head with the one drop of blood in the corner of her mouth and no title or King's name on it! A friend handed it to me and said 'You have to read this!'. I was mesmerized and terrified reading this book! I lived in a small town in pennsylvania and I 'knew' all of those characters in that book! It's my 'fav' still, all these years later. About a year before this happened, a different friend handed me a paperback of Carrie (before the original movie came out) as asked if I wanted to read it. I looked at the back cover, read what it was about, handed it back and said 'No thanks.' Who knew, right?
    That's the first one I read also. I don't recall it not having his name on the cover, though..

The 1st printings of King's 1st two paperback books did not have his name or titles on the covers. It was a marketing ploy used by Signet to capture a readers eye- What, no title or name on the cover? Who is this author? I remember reading in interviews that King was NOT happy with this choice, but went with it anyway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	king covers 001.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	17007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	king covers 002.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	17008

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    That made my day. Thank you.
    The next one's gonna cost ya!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast