Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What was the first S.K. title that you read? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What was the first S.K. title that you read?

Default Re: What was the first S.K. title that you read?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    The 1st printings of King's 1st two paperback books did not have his name or titles on the covers. It was a marketing ploy used by Signet to capture a readers eye- What, no title or name on the cover? Who is this author? I remember reading in interviews that King was NOT happy with this choice, but went with it anyway.
    Attachment 17007Attachment 17008
    Notice how on the Lot cover there is no image or mention of vampires like on later covers? This is what was so cool about this book, you didn't even know what was going on until 2/3rds of the way thru when it is revealed that the evil is vampires!!

1983, The Dead Zone... mostly. Got 3/4 through it before our junior high school library asked for them all back and then removed them from circulation. Had to go to the city library, but couldn't find another copy, so I checked out Cujo instead. To this day I still haven't finished DZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    1983, The Dead Zone... mostly. Got 3/4 through it before our junior high school library asked for them all back and then removed them from circulation. Had to go to the city library, but couldn't find another copy, so I checked out Cujo instead. To this day I still haven't finished DZ.
    What are you waiting for?????

My first was Carrie - I received Carrie and the Shining as gifts from my parents on my 11th birthday (this after I'd been sneaking into their room to try and scoop their SK books). Took a year of constantly getting busted trying to read IT, but they eventually gave in!

19 year old. At University. Someone had left an old paperback copy of Misery lying around in our common room for weeks. One day as I was packing my stuff to return home to visit my parents for a couple of weeks, without much thought I picked the book up for the train journey...and there it began! Absolutely loved Misery and after reading it, I returned it to the common room and sought out as many other SK books as I could get my hands on....which later turned out to be all of them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    What are you waiting for?????
    Definitely not another thirty years to pass! I'm hitting The Dead Zone in the next four or five books, after I get a Dean Koontz fix first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234