Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
E-cigs.... - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: E-cigs....

Default Re: E-cigs....

This thread seemed to have morphed a bit, so I hope it's OK if I add in a happy note that's somewhat related.

My husband went back to work last week. He's been on disability since January. He was talking to one of the women that do all the insurance paperwork and she told him they cover smoking cessation one time. So, he dug out the receipts and brought them in, and they'll be issuing a cheque for $195. Since they are OTC we didn't expect them to be covered.

Stick to it but dont get dependent on it. The e-cig is designed to get you off the real thing not to get you more addicted to nicotine. Personally I liked it but did not get the full effect as a real smoke. You are walking in the right direction but I would suggest keeping in mind this is the beginning of an end, not an alternate use. Best of luck to you and remember if you are not uncomfortable in this process you are not curing yourself! I am right there with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    Patricia, as per the scientific facts regarding nicotine addiction and the effects on the brain, I just wanted to make sure that you understand that every time you inhale nicotine through cigarettes or from the vapor, (even just one puff) you essentially reset your addiction to square one. You simply cannot indulge yourself in any nicotine anymore... period. Otherwise you are not in the process of quitting or "stopping". Even one puff reinvigorates your addiction and you start from scratch.

Just let go girl. It's going to be ok.
    Brian speaks the truth.....I tried the patch, it didn't help me in the slightest. I had to do it cold turkey or not at all. Once your body sheds the nicotine, the cravings will go away. ( it is a mind game more than anything when mastering those cravings) Good luck to all who are trying to quit, it won't happen overnight but it will happen!

Just a quick update.. I've not had a roll-up for nearly 7 weeks... I got a bit frightened to get on the scales and see i'd put half a stone on (7lbs), so I've also lost the half stone I put on (not trading the fags for fat... by the way "fags" is British slang for ciggaretts before you say anything). Quit smoking AND not any fatter than I was before. Now that's what I call a result

This is great to hear. Still using the e-cig?
    "One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    This is great to hear. Still using the e-cig?
    I am... but I've gone down to a lessernicotine dose now. And I find myself reaching for it not so much too. I am so pleased with the way it's going.

I just dropped my nicotine dose as well, and am trying to reach for the thing less often. Emphasis on trying.

I quit smoking two years ago, and only recently started gaining weight. Maybe my metabolism is finally slowing down, or maybe I've just begun to eat more. I think it's a combination of both. Could be the beer to...
    Last edited by nate_watkins; April 29th, 2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Don't know how to say what I'm trying to say.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011