Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
E-cigs.... - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs....

Default Re: E-cigs....

Never heard of these until about a week after I quit. I figured the first week was the hardest, so why step "down" to using a substitute.

I'm into my second month smoke free.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    Never heard of these until about a week after I quit. I figured the first week was the hardest, so why step "down" to using a substitute.

Good job! It's certainly well worth it.

What is wrong with this picture...

While smoking a pseudo cigarette and īsipping beer without alcohol mixed with sugar free cola I asked a buddy drinking decaffinated coffee if he would smoke some of his coca free cocaine with me while I lit up an electric joint. He replied that he was unable to because he was having diffuculties with the children's safety mechanism of his lighter.

I recall hearing about e-cigs not being allowed somewhere public, so I was searching for that. Didn't find what I was looking for, but did find this.

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode...ging-to-smoke/

When it comes to popularity, electronic cigarettes may be the next energy drink -- some studies suggest U.S. sales will reach $1 billion by the end of this year. Health Canada prefers Canadians not join in. It "advises Canadians not to purchase or use electronic smoking products, as they may pose health risks and have not been fully evaluated for safety, quality and efficacy". However sales in Canada are on the rise.
    it's a relatively short article, and worth reading all of it. I'm glad some places are checking ID and not selling these to kids. I don't think they should be selling energy drinks to kids either.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I recall hearing about e-cigs not being allowed somewhere public, so I was searching for that. Didn't find what I was looking for, but did find this.

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode...ging-to-smoke/

it's a relatively short article, and worth reading all of it. I'm glad some places are checking ID and not selling these to kids. I don't think they should be selling energy drinks to kids either.
    Energy drinks are horrible for you. The weird thing is that kids love them. Who needs an energy drink less than a kid? Where is the FDA on this stuff?

Sorry if this offends anyone... Just about anyone that I have interacted on the bar/club scene with that uses e-cigs might as well be on Meth. That **** tweaks you out in ways I have never seen before. In other counties, its sold with a skull and cross bones on the bottles.

I just appreciate that users look so conspicuous when using them. As an ex-smoker of three years, I can avoid the area they're in as to not be exposed to secondary nicotine vapor. The stupid blue light really helps.

Fun fact... Nicotine is actually an insecticide. They're smoking insecticide. Straight up.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Hell yea! Never look back. NEVER.

FYI: There's is great thread of advice and experience here on quitting smoking. I forget what its named. Anyone?
    "One pixel can change everything."

Addiction is a funny thing. I have been addicted to nicotine for 40 years. I just can't stop smoking. I cannot even wrap my head around the idea of not smoking. Thus far all efforts to quit have been exercises in futility. Judge me if you must, but believe me, I am doing a public service by continuing to smoke. I shudder at the thought of the havoc I might wreak were I to go into full blown nic withdrawal.
    I am nearly convinced that nicotine has become part of my DNA. I am going to try the e-cig and see how that works. Thanks for the thread!

P.S. To anybody who may be tempted to start smoking, please don't. Nicotine is a rat-baztard crap-mongering slave master, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Addiction is a funny thing. I have been addicted to nicotine for 40 years. I just can't stop smoking. I cannot even wrap my head around the idea of not smoking. Thus far all efforts to quit have been exercises in futility. Judge me if you must, but believe me, I am doing a public service by continuing to smoke. I shudder at the thought of the havoc I might wreak were I to go into full blown nic withdrawal.
    I am nearly convinced that nicotine has become part of my DNA. I am going to try the e-cig and see how that works. Thanks for the thread!

P.S. To anybody who may be tempted to start smoking, please don't. Nicotine is a rat-baztard crap-mongering slave master, seriously.
    As far as I'm concerned recovery from addiction is the bravest decision a human being can make. I hear ya, Pat, when you say you can't get your mind around the idea of not smoking. I think intervention is required for some of us with substance abuse issues. I don't see someone's friends and family surrounding them in the living room to stop them from smoking, though, though that isn't a bad idea, imho, especially in some cases.

A friend of mine performed a single-handed intervention on me ages ago per weed. It was long before the term "intervention" existed in the context, but that's precisely what it was. It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post

I hear you loud and clear lovely. But, e- cig good or bad, I've gone from 20-ish roll ups a day to 1. In a week. The only thing (and this has happened before in other attempts to quit) that I find real hard to handle is the stunning tiredness I get when I quit the ciggies. I mean, I have to concentrate on EVERYTHING really really hard, even driving. I don't know why this happens to me, but I am waiting for it to pass. However this is the easiest way to quit for me so far, the e-cig.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast