Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
E-cigs.... - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs....

Default Re: E-cigs....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    I hear you loud and clear lovely. But, e- cig good or bad, I've gone from 20-ish roll ups a day to 1. In a week. The only thing (and this has happened before in other attempts to quit) that I find real hard to handle is the stunning tiredness I get when I quit the ciggies. I mean, I have to concentrate on EVERYTHING really really hard, even driving. I don't know why this happens to me, but I am waiting for it to pass. However this is the easiest way to quit for me so far, the e-cig.
    Nicotine withdrawal (even if it's not complete withdrawal) can probably produce these symptoms. Nicotine helps concentration, and can be a stimulant, so withdrawal can have a negative impact on concentration, and make you tired.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Energy drinks are horrible for you. The weird thing is that kids love them. Who needs an energy drink less than a kid? Where is the FDA on this stuff?
    I'm not a fan of energy drinks. The taste doesn't seem all that great, and who really needs all that caffeine anyway. If I want caffeine, I'll just have coffee or Mountain Dew. I know, because Mountain Dew is so much better for you than energy drinks...
    Last edited by nate_watkins; March 10th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Here's something that tics me off about my smoking. I am a really strong willed person. I have always been independent and take personal responsibility for everything in my life. I don't make excuses I accept consequences.... but then I need a cigarette. It's a bitter irony.
    I smoke about a pack a day of RYO too. I call them Homies lol. I use American Spirit tobacco, roll them in a roller with Top papers and a filter and I'm good to go. They taste as good as regular smokes, about a million times less expensive too.
    But as good as they are... I do think it's a good idea to think about stepping away from tobacco.
    I am I'm going to get the e cig stuff next payday. Once again mustangclaire, thank you & good luck!
    Last edited by Patricia A; March 10th, 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    Hell yea! Never look back. NEVER.

FYI: There's is great thread of advice and experience here on quitting smoking. I forget what its named. Anyone?

I remember the thread, but I can't remember the name of it. It was over a year ago the last time I remember reading it or seeing it up, so it's probably archived. There were a lot of good discussions about how people quit in it. I did check back on some old posts but couldn't find it. If you remember what is let us know because now it's bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I remember the thread, but I can't remember the name of it. It was over a year ago the last time I remember reading it or seeing it up, so it's probably archived. There were a lot of good discussions about how people quit in it. I did check back on some old posts but couldn't find it. If you remember what is let us know because now it's bugging me.
    Same here, Pats. All searches come up empty. I'll continue as time permits. Has to be there somewhere.

I'm almost positive it was "Quitting Smoking."
    "One pixel can change everything."

I think Jordan said somewhere that some of the inactive threads were pruned.

I don't smoke and have decide to never start either. But in my work we started to sell
    E-cigs last year but the sale of those hasn't go so well. I think I've sold only one or two. Don't
    know how many my co worker has sell. But seems like people aren't interesting of those. They still want have
    the real one.

Pats, I stopped smoking at 11:59 pm on August 17th 2004... and haven't had one since. I'm a bit busy right now, but will P.M you later about how I did it.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Pats, I stopped smoking at 11:59 pm on August 17th 2004... and haven't had one since. I'm a bit busy right now, but will P.M you later about how I did it.
    Thank you so much.
    At first blush the idea of quitting smoking wigs me the frick out, but really, it needs to be thought about, seriously.
    That's one of the reasons being able to at least try e cigs is a huge step for me. I have tried patches before and they obviously didn't work out so well, the gum was a fail for me too.
    We shall see.... practice practice practice, that's how you get to Carnegie Hall.
    Last edited by Patricia A; March 12th, 2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: apostrophe fail

It pretty much goes without saying that quitting smoking will be the very best thing you ever do for yourself. If you decide to give it a go. I'd be happy to offer PM support but be prepared for hell.

That said, my GF Caren, got her ear lasered and it killed her addiction immediately. She never had another craving again. It seemed like BS to me back when I heard about it. But she swears it worked.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast