Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
E-cigs.... - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 108

Thread: E-cigs....

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    That said, my GF Caren, got her ear lasered and it killed her addiction immediately. She never had another craving again. It seemed like BS to me back when I heard about it. But she swears it worked.
    What the hell??!?? Is that like a shock collar for humans?? Was there a nerve in her ear that was cut in two that is linked to addiction? (I'm guessing principles of reflexology in use with this method of quitting.)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory
    Posts
    2,805

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    It pretty much goes without saying that quitting smoking will be the very best thing you ever do for yourself. If you decide to give it a go. I'd be happy to offer PM support but be prepared for hell.

    That said, my GF Caren, got her ear lasered and it killed her addiction immediately. She never had another craving again. It seemed like BS to me back when I heard about it. But she swears it worked.
    I have a friend that tried the laser method and was smoking on the way home from the treatment.

    I think the biggest key is determination because it is brutally hard. I smoked when I was younger and not for all that long. Probably between the age of 18-25, so I didn't have 20 or 30 years under my belt like many people do. I really hated that I smoked and was really determined to stop. Even then it took me three or four tries. I would have dreams that I was smoking and the dreams were so vivid, I would wake up in the morning wondering if I smoked the night before. The urge to smoke lasted a long time too. The bad urge was gone in a few weeks but even a couple of years later, I would catch a whiff of cigarette smoke and I would want one. I feel for anyone trying to do it but now I am just one of those annoying ex-smoker crusaders against smoking.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory
    Posts
    2,805

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I have a friend that tried the laser method and was smoking on the way home from the treatment.

    I think the biggest key is determination because it is brutally hard. I smoked when I was younger and not for all that long. Probably between the age of 18-25, so I didn't have 20 or 30 years under my belt like many people do. I really hated that I smoked and was really determined to stop. Even then it took me three or four tries. I would have dreams that I was smoking and the dreams were so vivid, I would wake up in the morning wondering if I smoked the night before. The urge to smoke lasted a long time too. The bad urge was gone in a few weeks but even a couple of years later, I would catch a whiff of cigarette smoke and I would want one. I feel for anyone trying to do it but now I am just one of those annoying ex-smoker crusaders against smoking.
    Now that I think about it, I think I'm mistaken about my friend and the laser procedure. He did a few other methods including acupuncture (I think the acupuncture is what I remember him telling me he did where he lit up in the parking lot when it was done) but I'm not so sure about the laser.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Great Pacific North-West
    Posts
    5,332

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    No, I do not want a laser beam shock collar please.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yet to be discovered
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    It pretty much goes without saying that quitting smoking will be the very best thing you ever do for yourself. If you decide to give it a go. I'd be happy to offer PM support but be prepared for hell.

    That said, my GF Caren, got her ear lasered and it killed her addiction immediately. She never had another craving again. It seemed like BS to me back when I heard about it. But she swears it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    What the hell??!?? Is that like a shock collar for humans?? Was there a nerve in her ear that was cut in two that is linked to addiction? (I'm guessing principles of reflexology in use with this method of quitting.)
    I know a guy who had something like this. I don't know if it was a laser treatment, or some hypnotherapy treatment. He said when he left he had no desire to smoke. I wish it had been that easy for me.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I think the biggest key is determination because it is brutally hard. I smoked when I was younger and not for all that long. Probably between the age of 18-25, so I didn't have 20 or 30 years under my belt like many people do. I really hated that I smoked and was really determined to stop. Even then it took me three or four tries. I would have dreams that I was smoking and the dreams were so vivid, I would wake up in the morning wondering if I smoked the night before. The urge to smoke lasted a long time too. The bad urge was gone in a few weeks but even a couple of years later, I would catch a whiff of cigarette smoke and I would want one.
    i smoked for over 30 years. I used to smoke about a pack a day, but I had cut down a bit. My husband was smoking about one and half packs a day. We both quit at the same time.

    We've also both had a smoking dream. He woke up feeling guilty. So far, the smell does not make me want one. I find myself stepping away from smokers because I don't like the smell.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yet to be discovered
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    I don't ever remember having a smoking dream. But I don't like the smell of them anymore, and I certainly don't want one.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Great Pacific North-West
    Posts
    5,332

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    I got an e-cig and I like it. It's not just exactly like a cigarette but it keeps me from tweaking for one. I've only had 10 regular smokes today, which in it's face is amazing. The e-cigs haven't made me feel anxious or anything outside of my normal-ness, whatever that may be.
    The blue light is a little odd but one carries on.
    Anyhow as I was sitting in my car today puffing on the e-cig, tripping on the blue tip light, thinking it should be red. It made me remember something I saw on tv when I was a kid. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though. A man went to the future and he wanted a cigarette, but in that "when" cigarettes were illegal. People had to use some sort of electronic device, not unlike an e-cig if they wanted to smoke. Does anyone remember seeing that?
    Maybe a Twilight Zone thing, or One Step Beyond?
    Life imitating art.

  9. #39
    jimson's Avatar
    jimson Guest

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    I think the ecig is a very good idea. One could lower the nicotine level gradually until 0, at that point you would know it was more habit then addiction and you could work on that part.

    I think it is the combination of chemical addiction and the comforting physical action of smoking that makes the craving so irresistable, and this addresses both.

    I've heard some people say "what's the difference if I have to breath your second hand vapor". Well if you're around any people you are already breathing 2nd hand vapor whenever they exhale, and there is no sidestream smoke because it only produces vapor on demand instead of burning in the ashtray.

    The vapor dissipates much more quickly than the smoke leaving no real odor.

    I know a few people who have used it to become completely tobacco free and even if they never quit vaping they are probably still better off.

    I haven't had that success yet but I do still pull the ecig out now and then and hope someday I can make it take. At least when I use it I am smoking less.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: E-cigs....

    I'm now completely tobacco free. Just using the e-cig. Noticing my skin is much brighter, my chest feels lighter, and my sense of smell has sharpened. Keep at it Patricia.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •