This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Thing I Wondered About.

Default Re: One Thing I Wondered About.

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    never seen the point of autographs its just an unimportant squiggle to me
    Well, I tend to agree with you on that somewhat. I had a friend who played on Ellen and I LOVE Ellen. He offered to get her signature for me. I said no thanks. Why? Because it was just a signature. (Of course, he then told her that I loved her but I didn't want her signature because I was too good for it. I was mortified. Fortunately she'll never know who I am so it's okay. But he said she just laughed anyway.)

But I do have a couple of SK books that I have signed that I cherish. Why? Because he signed them to ME, personally. I have no interest in buying his, like, phone bill or something, but his signature on my books reminds me of the time that I met SK.

But I can also see why other people like it. It's a small connection to that person that they may never get another way.

....but, but, but...this one is sentient!.....

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Yeaahhh like I was sayin', I mean what ya'd want is the everyday sloughed off and occasional discarded pieces and parts, and gee whiz who knows, one day you could maybe built one of your very own, and just how cool would that be huh, huh, huh-huh?.....ya know wantin' to be startin' with a thumb might be considered a wee tad grandiose and not just a little ambitious, now say a hangnail, one would think perfectly acceptable for even the most serious, and more than likely un or badly medicated, collector...hmm, butt ya know, I think this story has probably been done, and probably before technicolor even.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    How much access ya got to them there iconic toenail clippin's, I mean what was that stuff 'bout Elvis's found in a shag rug?...mm hmm, yeah I know, big boss is literally walkin' on a freakin' small fortune in literary Americana, is what I'm thinkin' too.
    Ain'ts no bidness likes showbidness!
    Dude. Nasty. I'm making a face kinda like this, but with more repulsion, right now:

I have some signed dvds and pictures from celebs that I've met at conventions and what makes them cool is having met the person, and you'll always have a reminder of meeting them. I have no interest in buying someones autograph just for the sake of having it. I'd like to have a SK autograph if I got to meet him at a book signing or something, but the chances of that would seem to be quite remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    We don't hire interns. There are only 2 of us who work in the office and we've both been here for about the same length of time so have proven ourselves mostly trustworthy at this point that we're not going to sell his signature regardless of what it's on.
    Oh, I did not mean to imply you and the SK staff! I was really just asking in general terms about any cleb!

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Oh, I did not mean to imply you and the SK staff! I was really just asking in general terms about any cleb!
    I just did a project for the wife of a celebrity actor. One of the guys who worked there had the same name as the actor. He has to use his middle name at work. I thought this was really funny. They didn't want people to call and ask for him by name and accidentaly be transfered to the actor, who also works out of the office.

This isn't quite the same as selling autographs but I thought it was really funny so I thought I'd share.

This post made me think of this story because they had to fire an employee there because she would text her friends when the actor was in the office and they would loiter outside the building. So interns and employees can do shady things! You have to really be able to trust your employees when you're a celebrity!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That's for me to know and Steve not to find out......

....yes, of course, I'm kidding! Don't think we would have lasted this long if Steve couldn't trust us.
    And here I thought it was because of those certain pictures you have stashed somewhe..........oh, forget I said that, never mind! Marsha, you wouldn't be there if Steve couldn't trust you. He knows what an asset you are to him. You do an outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

But I do have a couple of SK books that I have signed that I cherish. Why? Because he signed them to ME, personally. I have no interest in buying his, like, phone bill or something, but his signature on my books reminds me of the time that I met SK.
    I never had interest in buying or selling autographs. I did collect them when I was a teen. Not authors....hockey players. I used to either et them to sign their own card, or a picture I had taken of them previously.

I was quite disappointed when my father threw out my hockey card collection, with all the autographs and pictures. <sigh>

Ohh...I'm sorry for double posting, but I forgot about this.

Many years ago I tried to find out how to get King to autograph a book for me to give my sister. I thought it would be an awesome present. I was unsuccessful, and her daughter slipped and told her what I was trying to do. She told me not to waste the time. She loves his books, but has no interest in his signature (unless it's on a cheque ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast