This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: EX Destroyed my Stephen King Collection

Default Re: EX Destroyed my Stephen King Collection

Better condition softcover copies of Insomnia and Four Past Midnight.

(I'm replacing and passing on my used, tattered softcovers for ones that have uncracked spines and are as blemish-free as possible)

How could someone be so cruel as to destroy a collection.

My sister's ex once destroyed all of our family pictures and home movies. I took the home movies to a place and had them spliced together. I don't know where they are now. But after, it was still random movie going from 4 yrs old to 8.. then 12 and back again.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    My sister's ex once destroyed all of our family pictures and home movies. I took the home movies to a place and had them spliced together. I don't know where they are now. But after, it was still random movie going from 4 yrs old to 8.. then 12 and back again.
    It definitely seems childish that someone would choose to destroy something meaningful to another person. It seems like they're a little too full of themselves.
    Last edited by Dana Jean; March 27th, 2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: ooops. meant to quote you.

I would destroy something of equal value...if the witch has something of that caliber. I do not know what I would do if someone messed with my collection, or anything in my library for that matter. That is disgusting to hear and if she had a fraction of soul left in her she would feel terrible about this. You are better off in this world without her my man and I hope she feels regret everyday for this crime. My apologies for your loss.

I've had this happen. I've had people in my life break things on purpose that they know I love to hurt me. And it does hurt. Very much.

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    It definitely seems childish that someone would choose to destroy something meaningful to another person. It seems like they're a little too full of themselves.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    I've had this happen. I've had people in my life break things on purpose that they know I love to hurt me. And it does hurt. Very much.
    I have too and I agree. My step-mother "accidentally" threw away all my movies and pictures from childhood so I now have basically nothing.

The people who do these kinds of things are not good people. They are the kind of people who want to inflict and much psychological pain as they can. And, as Dana Jean says, it does hurt.

If your town has a 2nd and Charles store, you might try there. Last time I went to our 2nd and Charles (it's a buy/sell/trade store... books, comics, records, cds, dvds, t-shirts, etc.), they had every Dark Tower, It, The Stand, Duma Key, Eyes of the Dragon, Blockade Billy, Geralds Game, The Shining, The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon, Carrie, Hearts in Atlantsis, several short story/novella collections, Roadwork (single book), The Talisman, and maybe a couple others (I took a mental inventory .

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    How could someone be so cruel as to destroy a collection.
    You've obviously never been through a divorce...

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    What makes it worse isn't that 'they' broke an object that you liked, it's that when they broke something of yours (on purpose) they also broke a piece of your soul. B*stards!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast