Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
13 year old writer here. - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 year old writer here.

Default Re: 13 year old writer here.

Keep on writing, Micah! Produce quantity and quality will follow naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    With a simple bit of Googling I was able to find your novel MicahWumbo. Are you really 13 years old? The ideas and references in your writing make you seem older. I really enjoyed the two chapters you have posted. You have come up with some very vivid scenes in description and dialogue. I am impressed.
    I found it too! Thanks, Carrie's!

Gonna read it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Keep on writing, Micah! Produce quantity and quality will follow naturally.
    I disagree.

You should write and write and write, Micah, but write your best. Sometimes, yes, you need to vomit out what's in your head onto the page, but don't get into the habit of lazy writing--it makes the inevitable rewrites more difficult, and the sloppiness will still show through in the end.

Keep in mind the wise words of Hemingway.

Keep on keepin' on, young sir. One thing I recall about being your age is this: I never had any money. Why does that matter? Well, as King himself put it: "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or tools) to write." Now ... From what I remember about being 13, I didn't lack time, but I did lack other resources. Funds. Cash. Assuming that may also be the case with you, my advice is to not be so hung up on owning books. Owning books is great, but you don't have to own them to read them. The library can be your best friend, so far as that goes. Also, don't forget about thrift stores, garage sales, etc., as great local places to pick up books that are sometimes in mint condition for a few bucks.

Best of luck. PM me the link when you can.

Hi Micah! I was around your age when I started writing - I haven't done it as much lately as I used to, but that needs to change. Writing is an awesome way to get everything out, and I love it.

Enjoy your time here, and get to updating that SK collection! The books are FAR better than the movies!

Well keep on writing I'm gonna keep my opinions about your novella to myself since I am a 14 year old and I thank I could possibly help you articulate some stuff, and it always amazes me how we have all these 'walk ins' come with these ideas, keep on coming and if your Roland please say so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterloper View Post
    Well keep on writing I'm gonna keep my opinions about your novella to myself since I am a 14 year old and I thank I could possibly help you articulate some stuff, and it always amazes me how we have all these 'walk ins' come with these ideas, keep on coming and if your Roland please say so.
    Thanx for keeping yer opinions to yerself.

I would be happy to read it! I am 28 and not much further along in my writing than you (at least as far as things that I am not too ashamed of to even consider publishing) but I know that I would hope that someone would do me the same kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterloper View Post
    Perhaps when you learn the difference between "thank" and "think" as well as the difference between "your" and "you're", and when to use the words properly in a sentence, someone might ask you to help articulate some stuff.
    I'm not real sure what you meant when you referred to all these "walk-ins" with their ideas, but New folks are always welcome to share their ideas here....always have been, always will be

While I appreciate the concern, I can articulate myself very well. I have many works I do not wish to publish because they are too personal. As far as publish-worthy works, I have about five. How many did you say you had?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast