This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 year old writer here.

Default Re: 13 year old writer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayla Lathan View Post
    I would be happy to read it! I am 28 and not much further along in my writing than you (at least as far as things that I am not too ashamed of to even consider publishing) but I know that I would hope that someone would do me the same kindness!
    Hey, Hayla. Did you see the thread I posted here? You and I probably know many of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I disagree.

You should write and write and write, Micah, but write your best. Sometimes, yes, you need to vomit out what's in your head onto the page, but don't get into the habit of lazy writing--it makes the inevitable rewrites more difficult, and the sloppiness will still show through in the end.

Keep in mind the wise words of Hemingway.
    I think I scared Micah off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayla Lathan View Post
    While I appreciate the concern, I can articulate myself very well. I have many works I do not wish to publish because they are too personal. As far as publish-worthy works, I have about five. How many did you say you had?
    I think he said that he's only working on the one novel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Perhaps when you learn the difference between "thank" and "think" as well as the difference between "your" and "you're", and when to use the words properly in a sentence, someone might ask you to help articulate some stuff.
    I'm not real sure what you meant when you referred to all these "walk-ins" with their ideas, but New folks are always welcome to share their ideas here....always have been, always will be
    Hi Sunny,

Perhaps TheInterloper's comment comes from being just 14? (I also got the impression that he thought maybe he knew Micah? Perhaps from another forum?)
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; March 10th, 2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Removed quote and post due to (my) misunderstanding.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Hi Sunny,

Perhaps TheInterloper's comment comes from being just 14? (I also got the impression that he thought maybe he knew Micah? Perhaps from another forum?)
    You're probably right, Flake...... I didn't think about that, and should have ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    You're probably right, Flake...... I didn't think about that, and should have ♥
    No worries... you were only thinking of someone's feelings.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Michal I sense a bit of rudeness when you say how many novels have you published, I'm just saying I could help you I'm guessing like me your proably going through puberty and can proably be a little 'bitchy' lol. No, I haven't written any novels but I have an idea about a kid going to Walmart and uncovering talismanic powers while almost getting kidnapped.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterloper View Post
    Well keep on writing I'm gonna keep my opinions about your novella to myself since I am a 14 year old and I thank I could possibly help you articulate some stuff, and it always amazes me how we have all these 'walk ins' come with these ideas, keep on coming and if your Roland please say so.
    ...OK dude...as a guy old enough to be your Dad, would you seriously THINK before you type!!! You come off soundin' like a meathead-when a lot of the time I think(hope)it's not intentional....

Yes they were, and there is a difference between constructive criticism and arrogance. I think interloper was headed slightly toward the latter, which isn't what anyone, especially newbies, need here!

I'll echo the others who have said to get "On Writing."
    And if you enjoy writing, go for it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast