This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Book Day....

Default Re: World Book Day....

The first books I can remember reading and loving were the Hardy Boys books. You could always find them at yard sales and used book stores in those hardback blue covers. Mystery of the Desert Giant was my favorite....maybe it was the first one I purchased at a yard sale. My mother would encourage me to read the classics and I loved Treasure Island about the same time I was ripping through Hardy Boys books. I am a firm believer that reading educates in a great way.

Grimm's Fairy Tales, Hans Christian Anderson, Barney Beagle (for a change of pace!), and later, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.
    Last edited by Samantha_; March 10th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

I started to read very early but can't remember which book was my first one. But because I loved
    horses so much at that time I think it was a horse book.

I don't think I could recall the first book, I was always surrounded by books and could read for as long as I can remember. I do remember the Roald Dahl book, "The Magic Finger", having a huge effect on me at a young age...it was scary and wondrous and fascinating!

I can't remember my first book for sure. I think it was a Little Golden Book, though, one about a kitten and a ball of yarn. My Grandma said she thought I had just memorized it from having it read to me, but I could tell her random words when she pointed them out to me.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I can't remember my first book for sure. I think it was a Little Golden Book, though, one about a kitten and a ball of yarn. My Grandma said she thought I had just memorized it from having it read to me, but I could tell her random words when she pointed them out to me.
    I love a good yarn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12