This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What to do about North Korea?

Default Re: What to do about North Korea?

They provoked Korea thats what USA are doing to its enemy nation, who the hell are the USA to do that?

I'm going to ask members ahead of time to remember to respond to the 'words spoken' and to not attack the speaker. (Thank you )
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

what, exactly, did the hellacious US of A do to provoke the peacable NK's, dear friend chris1974 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1974100 View Post
    They provoked Korea thats what USA are doing to its enemy nation, who the hell are the USA to do that?
    I echo the sentiments of others here. What exactly do you mean by "provoke?" More importantly, what exactly is it that the U.S.A. doing that South Korea, Japan, Russia, and even China are not? I'm going to provide you a very brief summary of the ACTUAL situation. Every country I listed above (and many others actually) have voted in the United Nations to sanction North Korea's Nuclear Weapons program. The agreement that North Korea should not be allowed to possess such weapons is near universal with only a couple of other States who North Korea has shared the technology with disagreeing. Those nations are also under sanctions by the United Nations. I want to point out how rare it is for China, Russia, and the United States to agree on anything. Roll that around in your head.

The only thing the United States has done to provoke North Korea is not pay them this cycle's ransom/tribute. In other words, every so many years, North Korea starts to threaten war, death and destruction unless they are given an easement on sanctions, massive aid, and get to save some face. In exchange for this, they usually agree to suspend their Nuclear Weapons program and stop saying they will destroy South Korea, Japan, and the United States. Your argument holds no water because saying the United States is "provoking" North Korea is like saying someone was asking to be mugged. If only they had given the mugger more money or handed the wallet over faster, they wouldn't have gotten shot.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm going to ask members ahead of time to remember to respond to the 'words spoken' and to not attack the speaker. (Thank you )
    You know, you really are no fun at all.

KIDDING. Totally kidding! (You knew that, right?)

Sticks and stones may break our bones but North Korean posturing never will.

Kim Jong Un is bluffing. I don't believe for one second that they have enough missiles to destroy Seoul, or that they could secretly receive enough to cream Japan (or Guam) without our intelligence finding out about it first.

Personally, I don't think North Korea is bluffing. Reports of internal political strife within the country is much more troubling than the rhetoric against South Korea, Japan or the US.

And the most concerning of all:
    http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-ti...-politics.html

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    Personally, I don't think North Korea is bluffing. Reports of internal political strife within the country is much more troubling than the rhetoric against South Korea, Japan or the US.

And the most concerning of all:
    http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-ti...-politics.html
    Thanks for this article; did not know this intelligence. Oh my, must pray harder.

I`m not so sure about NK`s sabre rattling being a bluff, because their leader is obviously nuts, & might just think that he can rule the world!

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    Oh, man I thought it was David Ben-Gurion's idea!
    You should have been more specific thenů BC or AD (are we still allowed to use those terms?), History or Theology, etc.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast