Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What to do about North Korea? - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do about North Korea?

Default Re: What to do about North Korea?

You can tell it is a fake...........

The NK's don't have that many landing craft................................that stay afloat..................

hi, flemming...not sure how to read your post...seems a bit vague or something...

but, for the record, the US, one of those superpowers, is not interfering w/NK: all this agressiveness is solely from the NK, solely a product of their imaginations...you might've missed that part

the US, much to the chagrine of many of its citizens, has, by and large, had a policy of near-appeasement w/NK for a very long time...generally, the NK's make a lot of noise...we give them alot of food...they go away until people are literally starving to death...and sooner or later, the cycle restarts

i'm sure we spy on them, but no more than we probably do with even some of our best of friends...and we all know some of our best friends spy on us as well: trust but verify, right ?

not sure why you would equate a superpower with a monster...or, for that matter, what the hell that even means...but there is no freedom in NK nor has there been since the war ended...and no superpower, not even china, their bestest and only friend, has had much influence over those internal policies.

quite frankly...everybody and their brother has, indeed, allowed NK to 'live freely' by whatever book of the damned the toadies who overlord the place have wanted to pontificate from lo these past 50-60 years...

so, all the freedoms lost and all the lives lost are all solely the product of the regime in power with no help from any monsters other than those in power in NK

'course...maybe you like evil dictatorships...in which case, i'm kinda preachin' to a closed gallery, huh ?
    Last edited by guido tkp; March 28th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

ooooohhhhh... gary larson

sigh...they just don't make 'em that good, anymore, huh, Tennesse ??

I miss The Far Side..................

We can't afford another war. Our wallet is empty. I think it was empty during Vietnam too, but at least when we produced weaponry and death machines here at home, the economy benefitted. You can't benefit to much these days when most weapons are made overseas.

louie, louie...oh, oh...

actually...all the unbiased economic wonks have been saying all along we are not it all that much trouble...and haven't really been...even boehner had to come out a week or two ago and tell the truth...

we have an economic engine that needs to be tweaked, that is all..almost the entirety of our current debt problem would be solved by tax reform, on many different levels...not by cutting more spending...

we would have no problem taking on a real enemy if congress did it's job correctly

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    louie, louie...oh, oh...

actually...all the unbiased economic wonks have been saying all along we are not it all that much trouble...and haven't really been...even boehner had to come out a week or two ago and tell the truth...

we have an economic engine that needs to be tweaked, that is all..almost the entirety of our current debt problem would be solved by tax reform, on many different levels...not by cutting more spending...

we would have no problem taking on a real enemy if congress did it's job correctly
    Even if what you say is true, and let's just assume it is (I am not one to pick fights

Much of our military involvement around the world over the past 50 years has had some pretty nasty uninteded consequences. Remember the "quagmire" in Iraq after "Mission Accomplished"? After the fall of Saddam, it was an absolute mess over there. Probably still is, but you don't hear much about Iraq anymore in mainstream news coverage. Saddam was our enemy, yes. But he was also once our friend. Why? Well, we needed him to keep on eye on Iran, another enemy back in the 80s (remember that photo of him shaking hands with Don Rumsfeld that circulated the email spam boxes of America back in 2004 or so..).

So why was Iran an enemy? Well, anyone remember the coup d'tetat of 1953? If not, Google is your friend..

And remember another group of "friends" we had in the 80s when we were in the Cold War... they were called The Taliban...

Now listen.. Im not dogging out America.. Im a proud American. I love America. And I want us to propser and have peace. But im just trying to say, military actions have uninteded consequences. Let's stop.

well...louie...never said i wanted a war...and all its baggage...so i'm not gonna go all hawkish 'n stuff

just said it is wrong to think we could not fiscally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    well...louie...never said i wanted a war...and all its baggage...so i'm not gonna go all hawkish 'n stuff

just said it is wrong to think we could not fiscally do it.
    The national debt is currently..

$16,756,349,945,836.48

How would be able to fund another war, and remain solvent? Think of it this way. When we are taxed, that money doesn't go directly back to the government. It goes straight to the Treasury in order to pay interest on money borrowed from the Feds by the government. That's a mathematical quagmire and and of itself.

I consider myself a liberal in the classic sense (ie Chomsky, Nader, et al), so don't think I am going all anti Obama and Tea Party crazy here on you. I've been concered with the debt long since before the Iraq War started.

And remember.. there is no such thing as an "unbiased" economist.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast