This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Clueless

Default Re: New and Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Ummm.....you just did, big guy
    DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...and I will severely harm ANYONE who mentions the Reddi-Whip and Cheeto suprise on Level 7!....
    My favorite snack combonation.

Ok, if you guys tell me there is no flying kitten show as well as all these other wonderful events, I will be crushed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayla Lathan View Post
    Hello! My name is Becky. I am obviously an avid Stephen King fan (otherwise I wouldn't have found my way here) and I am also a new writer. A tip for other new writers out there, if you weren't aware, Mr. King wrote a book called "On Writing: Memoir of the Craft" and I have found it EXTREMELY helpful! I share so many of his views on the way good fiction should be written, and his ideas and advice make writing so much easier and fun! (Although personally, besides reading Mr. King's books, I can't think of ANYTHING more fun than writing, but I am just a nerd)! Anyone feel free to post, this thread is about nothing in particular, except maybe to help other newbies like myself feel at home and to continue to hold Mr. King's work in high esteem!
    Now that you have 10 posts you can use the Social Groups which are located under the Community Menu.

Ok, if you guys tell me there is no flying kitten show as well as all these other wonderful events, I will be crushed!!!!
    ...just wait'll ya get a load of the ummm, entrées" on the Community Menu.....the "Old Man's Truss" bisque is just the begininning...

Oooh!! Is it a buffet???

"On Writing" was the first Stephen King book I ever read; the first of many. I'm a great believer in encouraging others to write if they enjoy it. For me, nothing can quite match the thrill or rush of putting a story on paper (or on the computer). I have a mathematical brain and like things to make logical sense, but writing lets me break away from that restrictive perspective and just write what the creative part of my brain dictates.

Welcome to the board! I'm sure these crazy people here (who are also the most wonderful people on earth!) aren't helping your cluelessness, but know that you will get the hang of it eventually. It just takes a bit of practice!

(And there are no secret levels or handshakes but I do recommend sending GNTLGNT cookies!)

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Welcome, I'm old and clueless.

Oooh!! Is it a buffet???
    Yes, it's a Jimmy Buffet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast