This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another new soul

Default Re: Another new soul

Now your just confusing me. Where is Marsha?

Just try to look up IT or use the word... IT comes up so much. So much that sometimes I can't STAND... IT

Welcome from a transplanted Dubliner. Read the expanded version of The Stand. I know I'm the umpteenth person to tell you this, so you know it's true.

Welcome!

Welcome from a fellow UK'er! I'm re-reading The Stand as haven't read it in years and years, in prep for Doctor Sleep.

Thanks to you ALL for the welcome, warm indeed!

And it's great to get such an unambiguous and unanimous answer to my question about the Stand - the unabridged it shall be. Also planning to read IT, as well - it's shocking that I've never read it before. I remember seeing the hardcover when I was fairly young in the shops. It was the one with the clown/house on it. It creeped me out but in the best way, if you know what I mean.

Going back briefly to the Stand, I know very little what to expect, which is the way it should be but am I right in thinking that it's more in the arena of Sci-fi than horror, if that makes sense.

Finally, let me just say that I'm only slowly getting the hang of the way the MB work, so forgive me if I break etiquette at any point.

(By the way, read Duma Key last year - the scenes in the beach house scared the pants off me!)

Quote Originally Posted by BleakMid View Post
    Thanks to you ALL for the welcome, warm indeed!

And it's great to get such an unambiguous and unanimous answer to my question about the Stand - the unabridged it shall be. Also planning to read IT, as well - it's shocking that I've never read it before. I remember seeing the hardcover when I was fairly young in the shops. It was the one with the clown/house on it. It creeped me out but in the best way, if you know what I mean.

Going back briefly to the Stand, I know very little what to expect, which is the way it should be but am I right in thinking that it's more in the arena of Sci-fi than horror, if that makes sense.

Finally, let me just say that I'm only slowly getting the hang of the way the MB work, so forgive me if I break etiquette at any point.

(By the way, read Duma Key last year - the scenes in the beach house scared the pants off me!)
    I'd say The Stand would probably fall into the Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror/Adventure type category. Like so many of Stephen's books, it does cross over into several genre.

P.S: You're doing just fine with working the message board out.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Thanks. Yes, I'm now in absolutely no doubt that I've gotta to read the big one! Can't wait, gonna get it tomorrow

Great, thanks. I know this is a little inane as a question as everyone has different tastes but is there one SK book that emerges time and time again as "the best"?

Certainly, the Stand seems to come up again and again in that regard.

I envy you, the first time!!! Happy reading. Say "hi" to Larry for me....

Quote Originally Posted by BleakMid View Post
    Great, thanks. I know this is a little inane as a question as everyone has different tastes but is there one SK book that emerges time and time again as "the best"?

Certainly, the Stand seems to come up again and again in that regard.
    The Stand is definitely one of my top 5.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast