This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you done with winter?

Default Re: Are you done with winter?

It's been a roller-coaster winter in my part of FL. Above norm temps (80's in February?), severe storms, frost and freeze-- then repeat. Will go from 80F/27C daytime to 32F/0C at night in one day. I would love Spring and leveling off of the weather. Really feel for all who have had all that snow and cold. Lack of sunshine too.
    Oh, Flake- it's Fall for you soon and then cold winter days. I'll send sunshine and rain when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Not done with it, sorry. I do not like summer at all. You can all have the hot weather. Give me the cold!

i know I am in the minority, but there are others of us out here. We live among you.
    I know right? I hate summer. BUUUT I could do with some spring, and I absolutely adore fall.

Would love to be done with it but looking out my window at a field of white reminds me that realistically it's at least another month before I can seriously entertain thoughts of spring.

I'm ready for Spring! Sorry to those who still have some winter to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Would love to be done with it but looking out my window at a field of white reminds me that realistically it's at least another month before I can seriously entertain thoughts of spring.
    Same here Ms. Mod...

It rained here, quite literally, all weekend. The snow from three weeks ago is *almost* gone. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I know right? I hate summer. BUUUT I could do with some spring, and I absolutely adore fall.
    Bite your tongue, woman!!!!

Actually, fall is my favorite season, but I love me some summer, too

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    It rained here, quite literally, all weekend. The snow from three weeks ago is *almost* gone. Almost.
    Looks like it's headed this way as forecast is calling for rain and warmer temps the next couple of days but we've had storms in even late April with appreciable snow accumulation so I've learned that getting excited about spring in March or even April is bound to end in disappointment. Summer is my season but we don't have the extended stretches of triple digit temps with humidity that rivals a steambath that would ruin summer even for me.

It's snowing here again this morning...I am ready for spring too! But, it will be a while yet. Late March/early April is notoriously when we get our big blizzards. It's been a couple of years since we've been snowed in, so we're due. We're forecast to hit 60 later this week, though! Whoo-hoo!!

And same here. Still a lot of snow and very cold.
    and forecast talk about more cold for this week. So nope, no sign of spring at these next few weeks.
    I have to say that I am done with this winter.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast