This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you done with winter?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Are you done with winter?

If it could just be Spring and Fall all the time, I would be happy with that.

We had such a nice warm day yesterday (upper 60's) there's no way I'm going to tolerate any more winter!

It was a nice weekend here in NH, but I still have snow up to my knees in the yard. No green grass in sight........

In Beautiful Downtown Everett, WA, we generally have two seasons, warm and cold. In the spring/summer it's never really hot and since I live near the waterfront I get a nice breeze. In the winter it's damp and cold, sometimes we get snow but that's a newish thing. I generally like winter but I have had enough of it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    It was a nice weekend here in NH, but I still have snow up to my knees in the yard. No green grass in sight........

Not much green grass in this part of VT, but our driveway's turning into a mudpit. The snow can't be anymore than a few inches deep. You must be a little further north...
    Last edited by nate_watkins; March 11th, 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Looks like it's headed this way as forecast is calling for rain and warmer temps the next couple of days but we've had storms in even late April with appreciable snow accumulation so I've learned that getting excited about spring in March or even April is bound to end in disappointment. Summer is my season but we don't have the extended stretches of triple digit temps with humidity that rivals a steambath that would ruin summer even for me.
    Just start looking forward to retirement, Mod, when all the cold insanity will finally end and you will awaken to a new day without all the endless, drifting white...

Uh oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Would love to be done with it but looking out my window at a field of white reminds me that realistically it's at least another month before I can seriously entertain thoughts of spring.
    In Wisconsin, I remember one morning looking out from the kitchen window across the driveway into the neighbor's huge front yard and seeing a beautiful knee-deep white blanket. Then I remember noticing that the blanket ended at the kitchen window where I stood. My driveway, a length of 75 yards, which I knew because I knew that's how far away the road was, was completely buried, knee-deep. My car was neatly secured in front of the garage. My job was 3-11 shift, thank God.

I do not recommend waking up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Just start looking forward to retirement, Mod, when all the cold insanity will finally end and you will awaken to a new day without all the endless, drifting white...

Uh oh...
    Are you feeling ok today, Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Are you feeling ok today, Frank?
    I was. Not since my last post, though...

I am never, ever, ever done with winter. I wish it was winter all year. I despise the sun. The sun despises me.

Yes. I know I live in LA. I can't help where I was born.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast