Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where’s the disdain? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where’s the disdain?

Default Re: Where’s the disdain?

the only thing i have disdain for is myself: once i saw the 'forbes' moniker...i should have known better than to think that realism, factuality, honesty, and objectivity would be found in the slightest...

any intelligent, senitient citizen would know that when the first quotes are from a right wing military blogger who obviously has nothing but disdain for our current admin...you know you won't find anything other than more of the very same insipidly stupid, hate-inspiring 'free speech' that has overtaken the far right for lo these past 4-7 years...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph_comment.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	17046

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    Thank god there wasn’t a sale on shoes.

I understand about the drug smuggling problems and the need for some bullets. But as the piece noted… “at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.” And as for the Coast Guard, aren’t they primarily responsible for the waters and ports? (Although those longshoremen can be tough cookies I've heard ). I might be wrong but I believe the majority of illegal drugs coming in from our neighbors to the south come over land masses. I just don’t think the Coast Guard can be explained as the primary reason for the suspect level and types of purchases being made by Homeland Security, although I'm sure they are a legitimate small part of the purchase.
    I don't know where the majority of it comes from but I do know the Coast Guard also does patrols at sea for drug and human traffickers.

What do you think they're buying the items for?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I don't know where the majority of it comes from but I do know the Coast Guard also does patrols at sea for drug and human traffickers.
    I understand that, and have noted that I believe a small portion of the purchase was for legit Coast Guard purposes.

What do you think they're buying the items for?
    I really don’t know. Very little of it makes sense to me. Aren’t we in a sequester? Do things like this make any sense whatsoever when we need to borrow $.35 of every $1.00 we spend? Do we need to make these kind of purchases when we have to furlough federal workers, fire teachers & police & firemen, close down public parks, etc, etc?
    Last edited by exzel; March 11th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

This thread and the litany of ranting issues posted in yet another endless attempt to tell us all how stupid we are, just serves as a reminder that some people need a hobby.

Ah yes, silly me. I guess our official policy on these sort of things should be…

Ah yes, silly me. I guess our official policy on these sort of things should be…

No it should be to repeat the same tired crap ad nauseum on the SKMB. THAT will defeat this gigantic cabal of which you incessantly speak.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

I understand that, and have noted that I believe a small portion of the purchase was for legit Coast Guard purposes.

Aren’t we in a sequester?
    So are we to reckon to believe some Obamacrat just grabbed a couple huge shopping carts down at Uncle Snuffy's Big Ammo Dump O' Fun & Road Kill Rendering/Undercarriage Steaming Emporium, and plumb cleaned out the weekly sale bin ?....yeah that ol' cuss Snuffy, he know a thing or two 'bout stockpilin' too.

Yes, we should be paying attention to where our money is going but why set a precedent now? The military has been getting away with that kind of waste forever. Where has the oversight been all along? No one seems to step in soon enough to prevent the enormous waste that goes on there but label something an entitlement program and Congress is all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Yes, we should be paying attention to where our money is going but why set a precedent now? The military has been getting away with that kind of waste forever. Where has the oversight been all along? No one seems to step in soon enough to prevent the enormous waste that goes on there but label something an entitlement program and Congress is all over that.
    I can't disagree with that. But as we quickly approach a deficit of $16.7 Trillion, perhaps there is "No Time Like the Present!"

And yes both parties are to blame, and I am disgusted with both to be honest. I'm seriously considering switching my party affiliation to Libertarian.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast