Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy? - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy?

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    The only reality shows that have made sense to me have been contest shows involving either cooking (Food Network, Cooking Channel) or travel - The Amazing Race. There are many people who physically wouldn't be able to do some of the challenges on the Race, not to mention afford getting to some of the countries that are visited, so I don't blame them for being sucked in to each episode. It's fun to be an Armchair Traveler and see a little bit of countries you've only dreamed of visiting, but it's also interesting to see how the teams face cultural, language, and physical challenges, and overcome fear or personal aspects of xenophobia.
    ...I agree with that honey, those based on building things like cars and such I think are cool, but like this new "Splash" coming out?...REALLY?...people diving in water???...who gives a damn?...

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

The only reality shows that have made sense to me have been contest shows involving either cooking (Food Network, Cooking Channel) or travel - The Amazing Race. There are many people who physically wouldn't be able to do some of the challenges on the Race, not to mention afford getting to some of the countries that are visited, so I don't blame them for being sucked in to each episode. It's fun to be an Armchair Traveler and see a little bit of countries you've only dreamed of visiting, but it's also interesting to see how the teams face cultural, language, and physical challenges, and overcome fear or personal aspects of xenophobia.
    I'd agree with that--don't really put those into the same category. I was thinking more of the Kardashian/Jersey Shore etc. "reality" shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I was thinking more of the Kardashian/Jersey Shore etc. "reality" shows.
    *gag* The same people who think Mr. King's work is immoral and scary apparently can tolerate Snookie, though. It defies logic.

Y'all need to REDNECKANIZE, baby!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely despise 'reality' shows! I won't hold it against you if you like them, but they sure ain't my cup o' tea. I got better things to do with my time (like read a good book).

*gag* The same people who think Mr. King's work is immoral and scary apparently can tolerate Snookie, though. It defies logic.
    Thankfully I have no qualms about liking both, and I do like both (to a lesser and different degree for Snooki). So there you go, haters...
    Last edited by Speedygi81; March 21st, 2013 at 04:38 AM.

I don't even know what a "Snookie" is! As far as the reality T.V goes... I like to watch the cooking and travel shows. (especially the Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor motorbike adventure type shows)
    My one guilty pleasure reality show has been Survivor. (Except I've missed almost the entire current series.)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Tell these poo-pooers and naysayers .... "why don't you pick up one of his books and read it .... then we'll talk" I have a feeling these people have never read one of his books ......

I don't even know what a "Snookie" is!

...it's what you see when you're below a girl in a short skirt on the steps...s'nookie....

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I don't even know what a "Snookie" is! As far as the reality T.V goes... I like to watch the cooking and travel shows. (especially the Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor motorbike adventure type shows)
    My one guilty pleasure reality show has been Survivor. (Except I've missed almost the entire current series.)
    Believe me, you don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I don't even know what a "Snookie" is!
    It's a scientific term meaning a petri dish for syphilis.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast