Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy?

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

When I start to talk about SK and his work to my mom for example. She said immediately, how can you read that
    scary stuff he write about. I try to explain to her that not every book is scary, but I don't think she believe me. We saw
    couple of years ago Shawshank and Green Mile on TV and my mom liked them, even if they is based on SK stories. But I don't think
    she ever will read any story by him. Some people just don't like to read his stories.

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

Now I like hot salsa,physics cause gym was my best class,and the Yankees..incidentally Mariano's swan song is this year,a class act,gentleman and the finest closer extant..

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I think Stephen King was unfairly branded with the "America's Literary Boogeyman" label early on in his career, and people who haven't read his stuff merely see him as that.
    I bet there are people who blame his work "too scary", for having seen Shining years ago, say 1982 and base their opinion on that. Besides, there's nothing wrong with scary fiction. Scary reality is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    ...Some people just don't like to read his stories.
    They're scared of him. I feel it's my mission, in terms of sK, to communicate to non-sK fans that he's not what they assume, that if they don't like scary stories, fine, that there are plenty of others, that he's perfect for people who already enjoy mystery and suspense because his imagination is so unpredictable, and that the truth is he's not himself evil, his stories are not evil, and they aren't even that grotesque.
    Last edited by blunthead; March 12th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

It always fascinates me when people disregard King without reading his works.

At the end of the day, you should take the pleasure in the fact that you have so many friends on here, and that we can all share and talk about the great mans work. If the people in your life don't get it, then it really is their loss. They are missing out on extraordinary adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Now I like hot salsa,physics cause gym was my best class,and the Yankees..incidentally Mariano's swan song is this year,a class act,gentleman and the finest closer extant..

...I like it man, just have no clue what it has to do with the thread...coz I'm toopid...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...no honey...THIS is a big chicken....

Just when the image of that nasty monkey was starting to fade from our minds... He does this to us!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I like it man, just have no clue what it has to do with the thread...coz I'm toopid...
    It has to do with the thread because sK loves baseball, but loves the Sox, which causes internal angst amongst fans of his who are also Yankee fans, and his books sometimes cause angst as well, plus the Yankees are Boston's Eternal Nemesis and him photoed has caused much weeping and gnashing of teeth amongst sK as well as sK fans, so more angst, and he's poking a white sphere with red threads at sK fans as if to remind us what about Black 13 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    Just when the image of that nasty monkey was starting to fade from our minds... He does this to us!!
    ...I found it be an interesting bit of sand sculpture, and quite the definition of "sand stuck in the craw".....that, and I'm hopelessly nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    That's Cthulhu!!! No!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thebigchicken.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	17048

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast