This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy?

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

I love that we have the edit function....I can now fix my misspellings!

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

I usually ask them why they feel that way...... and just as they begin to answer, I raise my hands to my head, and say "would all of you just shut up for a minute, I'm trying to talk to this nice person, and I can't listen to everyone at once".
    That pretty much satisfies their curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi81 View Post
    Why am I always branded odd for loving to read SK? I always hear people say that his books are "Moral Trash," are his books really supposed to be viewed as evil or bad influence?
    I suspect the people who've branded you "odd" have never once cracked open an SK work. So give 'em something to really talk about: be seen in public reading The 120 Days of Sodom, or The Perfumed Garden, or worst of all, O.J. Simpson's work If I Did It.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi81 View Post
    It's pretty hard to take a story like Duma Key or Pet Sematary and say it's about love though. It's such a stretch even I don't think I can justify convincingly.
    One man's love for his family? (Pet Semetary)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I love that we have the edit function....I can now fix my misspellings!
    Where is the edit button?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Where is the edit button?
    It is on your post for a certain amount of time. Once that time expires, you can no longer edit. Jordan explained it in another post somewhere.

People that look at other people sideways on hearing the name Stephen King being a favourite author are often embarrassed I think to admit to actually 'liking' literature that delves in the darker side of human nature. I really do think that some people believe if someone likes to read about that stuff... then oh my goodness, how many steps away is that from wanting to try some of that?! Then again, some people are boring and just have no imagination.

*Disclaimer: for all of you out there looking at me sideways now.... BOO!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

If people assume (ass outta u and me) King novels are "moral trash", that's their problem...not yours...

I have a neighbor down the road, known her for over 20 years- ours kids grew up together. She constantly tells me I'll rot in hell for reading SK books. Have given up explaining, and now just smile and continue reading each new book published. She knows not what she is missing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    It is on your post for a certain amount of time. Once that time expires, you can no longer edit. Jordan explained it in another post somewhere.
    The Main Board now has an Edit feature, a button located to the left of the Reply | Reply With Quote buttons, which allows the person posting 30 minutes in which to edit their post before it becomes written in stone (or Deleted, if the post is naughty or otherwise breaks Board rules).

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast