This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy?

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

Quote Originally Posted by Roland17 View Post
    I definitely think the issue is mis-perception. People just link SK to grisly horror etc etc I don't even see his stories as being scary or gross etc I am about as logical as it is possible to be and don't believe in anything superntural at all...

I just love a bloody good story! and SK has tons of them
    I think this says volumes. Not even a horror fan yet an sK fan.

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I laughed out loud last night at work, when a colleague said..."I think if King hadn't been a writer, he've been a serial killer---he just looks nuts!"....
    Did they ever find that Pushaw Lake Killer? Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Did they ever find that Pushaw Lake Killer? Just sayin'.
    ...the one that gutted helpless pies with a filleting knife?....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I laughed out loud last night at work, when a colleague said..."I think if King hadn't been a writer, he've been a serial killer---he just looks nuts!"....
    LOL ... No way! He looks ... Well. He looks goofy. I mean, he looks like a writer (a lot of them seem to have an air of spaciness about them, like their heads are somewhere else half the time, which I suppose is the case) ... but the layer on top of that is just "plainspoken, good-humored, blunt-when-he-needs-to-be, little bit goofy regular Joe." Or so it seems to me.

Maybe it's the writer part. They all do look a little bit nuts. As he said in Danse Macabre, it's something in their eyes. But it's not the "body in the basement" kind of nuts. It's the "I'm not quite 100% grownup" kind of nuts.
    Last edited by Todash; March 16th, 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: readability because I can't just let it go

...he can get that crazed gleam in his eye for sure...but you shoulda seen her face, when I told her, he kept the heart of a small boy on his desk....

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Maybe it's the writer part. They all do look a little bit nuts. As he said in Danse Macabre, it's something in their eyes. But it's not the "body in the basement" kind of nuts. It's the "I'm not quite 100% grownup" kind of nuts.
    Without glasses, anyone who's myopic looks more or less nuts. I'm still afraid to look in the mirror without my glasses, after 30 years.

Poor Poor Tabby. Got to look at that before sleep

Last edited by not_nadine; March 16th, 2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added pic

Goofy is good.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Poor Poor Tabby. Got to look at that before sleep

His beard kills me...but those pictures are nothing - the photo on the back of the Hardcover of Misery is my all-time favorite.

Every time I see this State Farm commercial,the guy reminds me of Stephen..

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast