This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally filthy?

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

I'm really kinda hoping this isn't one of the threads he pops in to have a squizz at....
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Default Re: What do I tell people who say Stephen King's are scary and (get this) morally fil

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm really kinda hoping this isn't one of the threads he pops in to have a squizz at....
    ...yep, we'd look like a buncha damn goofballs....and he'd be right about some(present company included)...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...yep, we'd look like a buncha damn goofballs....and he'd be right about some(present company included)...
    Aww, we all get a bit carried away sometimes. I was just worried that talk had turned to his physical appearance and concerned that it might hurt feelings--we can't change the way we look. (What we write is a whole other story! )

Physical appearance is on the outside-- perceived by sight. Written words come from an internal source of the author-- the reader in turn determines, makes up their own mind how it affects them.

...and well, sheesh...I guess you could point out that there are a number of tales in the Bible wherein even those considered...top-of-the-line...committed
    some feelthy feelthy acts. King David. Or, consider that when Jesus' disciples saw him...they thought he was a ghost. If the good book is willing to credit
    ghosts, seems fair to speculate that we, too, can wonder about the world in which we've been placed.

I actually like his looks.

Gosh hope the one I posted isn't the one having people concerned..it was the guy being sneaky and sly,as a french model on the net,and showing up with a clearly fake "Bonjour!!" had me laughin at the idea of SK doing that,along with the glasses..that's all..

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Gosh hope the one I posted isn't the one having people concerned..it was the guy being sneaky and sly,as a french model on the net,and showing up with a clearly fake "Bonjour!!" had me laughin at the idea of SK doing that,along with the glasses..that's all..
    All good...

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I actually like his looks.
    ...yep, he be a good lookin' feller...fer a Northener....

Peter Straub was speaking in an online Auditorium. The way that worked, you could read what the speaker was saying, and you could read what the other ten or fifteen people in your Row were saying. One guy in my Row was on a rip. An exact quote, remembered after all these years: "He gets his power from Satan."

I asked, "What power? He's just a dadgummed writer."

The reply: "The power to corrupt minds so he can continue his lascivious lifestyle!"

Evidently, Mr. Straub lives a rockstar life. Who knew?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast