This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocket Surgery!

Default Re: Rocket Surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....or a former contemporary, who once said "I was runnin' around like a chicken with it's legs cut off!"...
    Ooooh, I can see you your chicken and come up with a LostMixedTranslated Metaphor Easter egg:

Direct from a native Spanish-speaker: "I was running around like a chicken with a head."

Or this one from my high school French teacher, who was adorable. Shortly after Sophie got married to an American and came to the U.S. to live, and too soon for Sophie to have really gotten the swing of English, Sophie's mother arrived from Belgium for a visit. Sophie called a local hair salon to make an appointment for her mom's weekly coif. When the phone was answered, Sophie said (insert heavy Belgian accent here) "Allo? I would like to make an appointment for my mother. She would like to 'ave the shampooing, the setting, and a blowj*b." Sophie's new husband was the one to break the news to her that she'd just stepped over some major social boundaries with that request.

So it wasn't a surprise that everyone who worked in the salon was magically doing something close to the reception area when Sophie and her mother arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    "She would like to 'ave the shampooing, the setting, and a blowj*b."
    HAHAHAHA! Oh, man, I haven't laughed this hard in days!

Where does an 800lb gorilla sit? On a dead horse.

Ahhhh, Soph.....(I feel like the Divine Miss M here - "I'll nev-ah forget it-choo-nooooooo....")

After they married, Sophie & Phil (husband) arrived in Murray, KY to live temporarily with his parents while they looked for a place of their own.
    After a long day's travel from Brussels, she felt grotty, like you do when you've spent half a day on a plane overseas.....
    ....so after meeting her new in-laws, she announced she was going to go take a douche. ("Je vais me prendre un douche maintenant. À bientôt.")

*snort* (I loved Sophie. She was hilarious.)

Facebook is all a twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    We have to get all our ducks on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Or this one from my high school French teacher, who was adorable. Shortly after Sophie got married to an American and came to the U.S. to live, and too soon for Sophie to have really gotten the swing of English, Sophie's mother arrived from Belgium for a visit. Sophie called a local hair salon to make an appointment for her mom's weekly coif. When the phone was answered, Sophie said (insert heavy Belgian accent here) "Allo? I would like to make an appointment for my mother. She would like to 'ave the shampooing, the setting, and a blowj*b." Sophie's new husband was the one to break the news to her that she'd just stepped over some major social boundaries with that request.

So it wasn't a surprise that everyone who worked in the salon was magically doing something close to the reception area when Sophie and her mother arrived.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123