Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Seemed incomplete - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seemed incomplete

Default Re: Seemed incomplete

Certainly not one of his best and doesn't live long in the memory but I still really enjoyed reading it and I think SK was just trying to have some fun bringing some modern elements into some traditional themes (end-of-world / zombies etc). It wasn't a masterpiece but I enjoyed reading it so that's what counts I guess :-)

Really, seems a little like you are actually expressing a personal dislike based on something else.

...not at all, the negative thread titles and tone of the posts is wearisome....dislike or unhappiness with something is not a problem, but there are more positive ways to get your discontent across....

One of the absolute best. I loved the ending.

jimson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...not at all, the negative thread titles and tone of the posts is wearisome....dislike or unhappiness with something is not a problem, but there are more positive ways to get your discontent across....
    Interesting. I had to go back and see if I titled it "Totally sucked!!! rather than the fairly innocuous "Seemed incomplete"

If you aren't keeping up with current events, you might want to look at some of my recent posts containing
    considerable praise.

I didn't care for Cell either. Really, not at all.

Exactly.

jimson Guest

Hmmm...............

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Seemed incomplete
    Rather mild as far as negativity goes don't you think?

And then there's this:

Didn't really do it for me. Seems like it could have gone somewhere but didn't.

When you read that did you hear something else? Something like "Idiotic book sucks donkey ba**s!!"?

And how is this so negative?

Cell wasn't bad, I just didn't get into the same way I have others.

Again, did your mind translate that into "Not even fit for the bottom of a birdcage!!" or something?

So tell me why this statement isn't accurate.....

Really, seems a little like you are actually expressing a personal dislike based on something else.

...when criticisms here are disproportionate to what was actually written here and based on dislike of something that was written elsewhere.

We can start over though:

Hi everyone I'm jimson. I sometimes get annoyed over perceived political tones.

I have been a rabid Stephen King fan for about 30 years now.

Regarding the last sentence maybe we are all kindred spirits.

Fornit some Fornus!

Jim

(Welcome Jim)
    Excellent, now that we've all said how we feel... lets get back to discussing Cell.

Personally it wasn't one of my favourites, it didn't feel as 'punchy' as some of his other novels. But it wasn't my least favourite either.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Interesting. I had to go back and see if I titled it "Totally sucked!!! rather than the fairly innocuous "Seemed incomplete"

If you aren't keeping up with current events, you might want to look at some of my recent posts containing
    considerable praise.
    ..."current events"...yeah, I've seen your praise, but doesn't change my opinion here a whit...

jimson Guest

..."current events"...yeah, I've seen your praise, but doesn't change my opinion here a whit...
    I hope with the passage of enough time, I'll be able to get over it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast