Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Question about gun background checks (not inflammatory, I promise) - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question about gun background checks (not inflammatory, I promise)

Default Re: Question about gun background checks (not inflammatory, I promise)

...it's not illegal to attempt to purchase a firearm, unless you have been ajudicated of any of the offenses, or are restricted due to any of the other areas cited on the form...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...it's not illegal to attempt to purchase a firearm, unless you have been ajudicated of any of the offenses, or are restricted due to any of the other areas cited on the form...
    Just to be completely safe, I won't try.

A person could pass a background check, but under federal law (based on the interstate commerce clause regulations), you must be a resident of that State to directly transfer any firearm (even one bought or sold privately), else you'll fall within the interstate regulatory grasp of Title 18.

Believe falsifying business records,offering false intstrument for filing,would be along the lines of charges,but they are rarely pursued..probably because the offender,by the time it comes to the attention of the authorities,is already facing more serious charges or dead..

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    A person could pass a background check, but under federal law (based on the interstate commerce clause regulations), you must be a resident of that State to directly transfer any firearm (even one bought or sold privately), else you'll fall within the interstate regulatory grasp of Title 18.
    Although in Michigan, Act 207 of 1969 permits residents to purchase rifles and shotguns in contiguous states and to provide for reciprocity.

That explains why the man at the Fleet Farm in Wisconsin sold the shotguns to my bro and me.
    Aren't there something like 20,000 laws on the books...I think that number means only federal...state by state is another matter...
    Looking at this pamphlet I have, Firearms Laws of Michigan (thru 2001 only), I see where Act 12 of 1869 makes it a crime to use a firearm upon the grounds of any cemetery.
    'Nother words, if the zombie apocalypse happens, you best hope the zombies aren't aware of this law...or if you see posters announcing a lot of free stuff, available at the cemetery?
    Don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Just to be completely safe, I won't try.
    ....I awlays giggle like hell when I get to the question as to whether or not I've been judged mentally defective...needs to be a box that says-"Depends on who you ask"...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234