This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing

jimson Guest

Default Re: Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I still totally disagree with your initial post but I'm impressed that you've stuck around after the bumpy start and are contributing in threads having to do with Stephen's work.
    Thanks,

I stand by my initial post, although I would have preferred to have added it to an already existing discussion, which I was not aware of because I did not realize this board had so many sub-forums.

As far as posting errors, this is simply entertainment and I sometimes don't have a great deal of time to proof read.

As long as I can be understood and not sound completely illiterate, I'm not going to lose any sleep over small errors.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    No worries. We all have pretty short memories.

Or ... is that just me?
    Has yours gone todash? I think mine has.

I think my bad spelling and dreadful grammar gives some of my "friends" on facebook something to do.. half of them wouldn't bother going on there if it wasn't to correct my bloopers....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    I think my bad spelling and dreadful grammar gives some of my "friends" on facebook something to do.. half of them wouldn't bother going on there if it wasn't to correct my bloopers....
    Need some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Need some examples.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; March 15th, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

My glamour is great.

....proofreading?...I learned that as a teen, when I was first introduced to my Uncle Jack Daniels and Cousin Jim Beam...and my sister-in-law Virgin Bourbon....

I can't seem to get the editing to work--I hit the editing arrow, the new empty page comes up, I fill in reason why and hit the edit button again and the page just stares at me! HEP! HEP! HEP! please

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I can't seem to get the editing to work--I hit the editing arrow, the new empty page comes up, I fill in reason why and hit the edit button again and the page just stares at me! HEP! HEP! HEP! please
    You need to hit the Save or Save Changes button when you're done.

I rarely proofread messageboard posts before submitting, simply because I'm apt to make things worse. I'll change the part that's broken, sure, but I'll neglect to re-punctuate or to make the old verbs agree with the new nouns.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast