Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Editing - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Editing

Default Re: Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I get that pretty often in Groups when I try to edit, just a blank field. I'd try later, and sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.
    I was wondering, could that be related to the situation when you try to preview a message, and clicking the button deletes the contents of the field. That's happened a few times in the last week or so.

e: worked this time
    Last edited by KJ Norrbotten; March 17th, 2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: testing testing edit edit

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Norrbotten View Post
    I was wondering, could that be related to the situation when you try to preview a message, and clicking the button deletes the contents of the field. That's happened a few times in the last week or so.
    Yes, that's definitely happened for me too. I tried replicating that yesterday but it didn't happen... so, I'm really not sure why it seems to be happening only sometimes?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Norrbotten View Post
    When that happens you haven't lost what you've entered in the field. If you click the upper left Back arrow you get the same page you had before. The Preview feature is not working for some reason. You just have to proofread the
    text in the field without being able to see how the finished post will actually look prior to posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Yes, that's definitely happened for me too. I tried replicating that yesterday but it didn't happen... so, I'm really not sure why it seems to be happening only sometimes?
    I believe this is an ongoing glitch in vBulletin's upgrades which started with one upgrade many months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    When that happens you haven't lost what you've entered in the field. If you click the upper left Back arrow you get the same page you had before. The Preview feature is not working for some reason. You just have to proofread the
    text in the field without being able to see how the finished post will actually look prior to posting it.
    Oh, I never even thought of that. I don't usually use those browser arrows, but the links provided by bulletin board. Of course, you can always copy/paste the message text from the preview, but with embedded videos etc. there's only that back button workaround.

When you're running into editing problems, what browser and operating system are you using?

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    When you're running into editing problems, what browser and operating system are you using?
    Google Chrome and Windows 7 Professional for me.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I can now edit, Sir Jordan!! THANK YOU and BIG HUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    On the Mac I'm running Safari 6.0.2 and Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion). The iPad is an iPad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    On the Mac I'm running Safari 6.0.2 and Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion). The iPad is an iPad 3.
    XP SP3 using Firefox 19.0.2 here.

I only have trouble editing in Groups, but maybe that's fixed now, too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast