Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your earliest clear memory ? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your earliest clear memory ?

Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

I remember my Grandpa holding me on his lap at the dinner table. He always had coffee with his meal, and would overflow some of the coffee into the saucer so it wasn't too hot, and then he would hold the saucer so I could sip coffee with him. I was about 9 months old, and my Mom is amazed that I can remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I remember my Grandpa holding me on his lap at the dinner table. He always had coffee with his meal, and would overflow some of the coffee into the saucer so it wasn't too hot, and then he would hold the saucer so I could sip coffee with him. I was about 9 months old, and my Mom is amazed that I can remember this.
    ...caffeine at an early age....hmmmm...welll, that explains a lot!...

Daddy said that it was a clown, but it wasn't.

That shape, that thing, in my bedroom door might have been nothing more than an accidental arrangement of the woodgrain magnified by the mind of a very small boy, or it might have been something more.

But it was no clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Daddy said that it was a clown, but it wasn't.

That shape, that thing, in my bedroom door might have been nothing more than an accidental arrangement of the woodgrain magnified by the mind of a very small boy, or it might have been something more.

But it was no clown.
    This would make a great beginning to a story...... ♥

Either being scared at night in my crib because of the fire engine sirens as they drove past our house, or being in a high chair in a local restaurant with my aunt, eating plain spaghetti with my hands. Not sure which memory is earlier.

Photographic stills, like snapshots, of the environs in which I lived, as an 18-month-old in Palo Alto, CA: the playground, where I remember the sandbox, the swingsets, and a lot of really cute Asian-American toddlers; the royal palm trees that grew along the sidewalks in our neighborhood; the train tracks - a view from one of our apartment windows; the rug (dark green) and walls (white) in our apartment; the stairs leading up to the apartment door. A cotton nightgown with little pink roses on it. Pale pink sheets on my mattress.

Instead of my earliest, I will share my most recent...

It's just now... no, now....no... now... Ok, really, it's just...NOW.

Dammit.

Being picked up out of bed, my twin sister and I, and being loaded into the back of my mums boyfriends old van. Then we drove to Cambridge, and I remember there was a swimming pool, and lots of posh people standing around. We knew no one apart from my mum. Most of my earliest memories I try to forget,. I focus on the here and now, and am glad my start out wasn't brilliant because I appreciate my life now so so much and always give thanks.

I remember my sister Pat. And being in the bathtub. She told me how to use the shampoo right as she was blowdrying her hair on a heater vent. She had the Beatles going on with the needle on the album - complete with the penny to hold it down.

And not having a shirt on for some reason after visiting cousins.. and did not want to get out of the car, and my mom had to get something to cover me with.

That sounds wrong. But was not.

I love these threads! We're going to know each other so well.

I don't know if these are two memories combined or one but I remember them as one thing, even though they very likely were not.

When I was first born we lived in the GHETTO in LA. One morning very early before my parents woke up I woke up and snuck past my dad's very scary, glowing fishtank and looked out our sliding glass door. It was a horribly barren back yard with a cinderblock fence and a telephone wire right behind it. The telephone wire was absolutely covered in crows. It seemed like there were millions of them. Millions. And they all seemed to be staring at me. Later that day we went over to the neighbor's and she pulled a lambs head out of the oven. It freaked me out. No wonder I'm a vegetarian!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast