Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your earliest clear memory ? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your earliest clear memory ?

Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

A head in the oven.

I remember the butcher guy my mom sent me to go get hamburger. Corner store. He had a big bloody apron on and would slap down a half of cow or something to grind. I should be veg. I can't eat anything that "looks" like what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I love these threads! We're going to know each other so well.

I don't know if these are two memories combined or one but I remember them as one thing, even though they very likely were not.

When I was first born we lived in the GHETTO in LA. One morning very early before my parents woke up I woke up and snuck past my dad's very scary, glowing fishtank and looked out our sliding glass door. It was a horribly barren back yard with a cinderblock fence and a telephone wire right behind it. The telephone wire was absolutely covered in crows. It seemed like there were millions of them. Millions. And they all seemed to be staring at me. Later that day we went over to the neighbor's and she pulled a lambs head out of the oven. It freaked me out. No wonder I'm a vegetarian!
    I should say I was around 2 when this happened. Obviously not a new born because I wouldn't remember it, nor would I be walking.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    A head in the oven.

I remember the butcher guy my mom sent me to go get hamburger. Corner store. He had a big bloody apron on and would slap down a half of cow or something to grind. I should be veg. I can't eat anything that "looks" like what it is.
    Yes. Yes you should be.

I remember walking around the vegetable garden in our yard when I was two. The sun was very bright, the plants were vivid green, and there was a warm breeze. My parents were close-by but I was still a little scared. The vegetables looked so big to me, especially the poles of beans and growing corn stalks.

It seems like most of us start remembering things around two. Interesting.

So I did some research and I actually found that they call the lack of memory in children "infantile amnesia."

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-10-30/t...ory?_s=PM:TECH

A newer study (2011) finds that it's not that they don't remember, it's that they often replace those memories with new ones and memories don't begin to crystalize until about 10.

http://children.webmd.com/news/20110...first-memories

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    I remember walking around the vegetable garden in our yard when I was two. The sun was very bright, the plants were vivid green, and there was a warm breeze. My parents were close-by but I was still a little scared. The vegetables looked so big to me, especially the poles of beans and growing corn stalks.
    That is what I remember,everything was so VIVID *in caps on purpose*..the odors especially..and I think my sisters and mom were laughing so much cause I was such a froggy baby,swimming in the sink..not much memory after that until probably age 3 or so, being with my brothers,and laughing with them..funny how life is..they are both gone,but still got my sisters and mom..

The mountains. Always, the mountains.

When I was 2 or 3, I told my mom that heaven must be in the mountains. My opinion hasn't changed, either, except that now I know that heavan's mountains are right next to the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    The mountains. Always, the mountains.

When I was 2 or 3, I told my mom that heaven must be in the mountains. My opinion hasn't changed, either, except that now I know that heavan's mountains are right next to the sea.
    yep..when I am in the mountains feel that God is near..

zaps ya. Nature.

Swimming

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast