Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your earliest clear memory ? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Your earliest clear memory ?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    4,137

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    A head in the oven.

    I remember the butcher guy my mom sent me to go get hamburger. Corner store. He had a big bloody apron on and would slap down a half of cow or something to grind. I should be veg. I can't eat anything that "looks" like what it is.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I love these threads! We're going to know each other so well.

    I don't know if these are two memories combined or one but I remember them as one thing, even though they very likely were not.

    When I was first born we lived in the GHETTO in LA. One morning very early before my parents woke up I woke up and snuck past my dad's very scary, glowing fishtank and looked out our sliding glass door. It was a horribly barren back yard with a cinderblock fence and a telephone wire right behind it. The telephone wire was absolutely covered in crows. It seemed like there were millions of them. Millions. And they all seemed to be staring at me. Later that day we went over to the neighbor's and she pulled a lambs head out of the oven. It freaked me out. No wonder I'm a vegetarian!
    I should say I was around 2 when this happened. Obviously not a new born because I wouldn't remember it, nor would I be walking.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    A head in the oven.

    I remember the butcher guy my mom sent me to go get hamburger. Corner store. He had a big bloody apron on and would slap down a half of cow or something to grind. I should be veg. I can't eat anything that "looks" like what it is.
    Yes. Yes you should be.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    I remember walking around the vegetable garden in our yard when I was two. The sun was very bright, the plants were vivid green, and there was a warm breeze. My parents were close-by but I was still a little scared. The vegetables looked so big to me, especially the poles of beans and growing corn stalks.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    It seems like most of us start remembering things around two. Interesting.

    So I did some research and I actually found that they call the lack of memory in children "infantile amnesia."

    http://articles.cnn.com/2002-10-30/t...ory?_s=PM:TECH

    A newer study (2011) finds that it's not that they don't remember, it's that they often replace those memories with new ones and memories don't begin to crystalize until about 10.

    http://children.webmd.com/news/20110...first-memories

    Very interesting.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,593

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    I remember walking around the vegetable garden in our yard when I was two. The sun was very bright, the plants were vivid green, and there was a warm breeze. My parents were close-by but I was still a little scared. The vegetables looked so big to me, especially the poles of beans and growing corn stalks.
    That is what I remember,everything was so VIVID *in caps on purpose*..the odors especially..and I think my sisters and mom were laughing so much cause I was such a froggy baby,swimming in the sink..not much memory after that until probably age 3 or so, being with my brothers,and laughing with them..funny how life is..they are both gone,but still got my sisters and mom..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Last Frontier
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    The mountains. Always, the mountains.

    When I was 2 or 3, I told my mom that heaven must be in the mountains. My opinion hasn't changed, either, except that now I know that heavan's mountains are right next to the sea.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,593

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    The mountains. Always, the mountains.

    When I was 2 or 3, I told my mom that heaven must be in the mountains. My opinion hasn't changed, either, except that now I know that heavan's mountains are right next to the sea.
    yep..when I am in the mountains feel that God is near..

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    4,137

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    zaps ya. Nature.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Calla Bryn Sturgis
    Posts
    5,170

    Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

    Swimming

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •