This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New movie of IT?

Default Re: New movie of IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    It was a "good effort" for TV...Do I think it is likely? No.

Rent HBO's version of Mildred Pierce with Kate Winslet. They stayed true to the era and it won an Emmy for them (and for her).

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Rent HBO's version of Mildred Pierce with Kate Winslet. They stayed true to the era and it won an Emmy for them (and for her).
    Hey... if that comes to pass... GREAT. The rumors we have heard have not been of this sort though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Alan Cumming for Pennywise.
    I was going to say that no one could beat Tim Curry but then I saw this and realized I was wrong.....

I do think an update could up the scare factor a bit but it could also go very wrong.

Remake or no remake, good effort or not, all of my teenage children have watched IT with me recently and with all the new movies with there stunning special effects that they all watch today I was waiting for the boos and jeers and drink cans to be thrown in my direction but all of them really loved it. One has even starting to read the book.

Considering the original barely does justice to the book, I can't see a new movie being any better.

Though they could show some of the more horrific moments if they're not bound by FCC television standards.

I would be first in line to see a new IT movie if one was to come out, whether or not I would like the film is impossible to say, if however it encourages more people to read the book which I love then that could only be a good thing. Think its really a case of wait and see with this one though

I think somebody like Neil Gaiman is capable of potentially writing a sequel or prequel and that could potentially made into a Netflix original production. I would love to see a piece dealing with small town America in the late 1890s or another period of time based upon the book scene in the movie. Perhaps another group of people, different types of people with different issues, tried to spot ''it'' and failed. Or what if it was more evil, what if ''they let it win''. Or what if they gave up and left?

I just watched the 1990 TV made version tonight (for about the 10th time, lol). Every time I re-read the book, it scares me more than the TV version. I'd love to watch a version (film, cable, etc) that remains true to the story, time period, etc. but perhaps ramps it up a bit. But until then, I'll just continue to re-read one of my favorite novels.

There were good points to the TV movie (TIM CURRY, is what I'm thinking first The director also did a nifty job on cuts from past to present and back), but on the whole... meh. No book has ever scared me more, though, so I might be a bit picky :P

What I've read lately is that someone (memory fails right now) has a plan to do it as two movies. Very tired of that schtick, to be honest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12