Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Joe Hill NOS4A2 excerpt - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill NOS4A2 excerpt

Default Re: Joe Hill NOS4A2 excerpt

I don't blame Mr. King at all for not signing books anymore. It'd be a hell of a chore, and XX% of the books you signed would just end up getting sold on eBay anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Also, if you want to preorder his latest book, or order any of his others, and get it/them signed (with possibly an original Joe Hill doodle as well) you can here:

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/get-...-signed-author

I think it is so cool that he signs all these books and even draws a little something too.
    I've pre ordered two copies of this book..... Looking forward to reading it, and the fact that it will be signed/personalized is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    When did he stop, out of curiosity? My mom still gets all angry at times because she sent Pet Sematary to him to have signed in 1989 or 1990 after she heard he did that. She never got it back. I've been telling her for years that it wasn't a personal slight but that at some point the poor man had to stop. This just made me realize you might know the time frame of his stopping so she can chill out.
    He hadn't stopped at that point. It was a couple years after his accident when he was thinking of retiring, that he stopped doing them by mail. Chances are that your mom's book was lost along the way either to our office or being returned to her. We wouldn't have kept it; even when people did not include the self-addressed, stamped return mailer, we returned them. Toward the end, we'd had a waiting list of I think about 6,000 names and realized there was no way that Steve would ever be able to get through it. Instead of having people send in their books, he flat-signed (for those who don't know, that means he simply signed his name and the date rather than a personalization) books (can't remember which title it was or how many but it was in the 4 figures) that we sent out to those who were still on the list with a letter explaining why and apologizing that it couldn't be the book they chose but hoped at least getting a signed book would make up for not getting one at all. Unfortunately, we had a lot come back because people hadn't let us know of address changes so there was no forwarding address. We still hear from them occasionally wondering when they'll be able to send a book in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    He hadn't stopped at that point. It was a couple years after his accident when he was thinking of retiring, that he stopped doing them by mail. Chances are that your mom's book was lost along the way either to our office or being returned to her. We wouldn't have kept it; even when people did not include the self-addressed, stamped return mailer, we returned them. Toward the end, we'd had a waiting list of I think about 6,000 names and realized there was no way that Steve would ever be able to get through it. Instead of having people send in their books, he flat-signed (for those who don't know, that means he simply signed his name and the date rather than a personalization) books (can't remember which title it was or how many but it was in the 4 figures) that we sent out to those who were still on the list with a letter explaining why and apologizing that it couldn't be the book they chose but hoped at least getting a signed book would make up for not getting one at all. Unfortunately, we had a lot come back because people hadn't let us know of address changes so there was no forwarding address. We still hear from them occasionally wondering when they'll be able to send a book in.
    I think the way Joe does it is great. It's restricted to one book store so it cuts down on the amount of requests plus it makes people go to a "mom & pop, bricks & mortar" store to purchase the books. Everyone wins!
    Last edited by carrie's younger brother; March 20th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Yay! I made it to 250 posts! I'm no longer moderated!

...oh yessssss we are my precioussssss...they simply fade into the woodwork, with eyes wide open...

Did you hear the sound of the "thinny" right after you posted #250 and passed through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Did you hear the sound of the "thinny" right after you posted #250 and passed through it?
    Yes. And the insanity-inducing buzzing and warbling sound blended right in with all the other sounds and voices in my head and now it's just one big party up there!

Yes. And the insanity-inducing buzzing and warbling sound blended right in with all the other sounds and voices in my head and now it's just one big party up there!
    Somebody said party?? Where's my invite??

And you'll get that nice shiny toaster oven in the mail soon!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast