Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
1408 - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1408

Default Re: 1408

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    That is almost too good.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    I need a "love" button for this one!

I agree with whoever said it was not scary after he got in the room. The premise of the story I really like and the suspense and buildup was terrific. But the actual haunting was kind of lame in my opinion. It was too bombastic. I was expecting something creepy like the book, but instead we got ice, wind, water, fire, ghosts, fantasies, webchats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bongorider View Post
    I agree with whoever said it was not scary after he got in the room. The premise of the story I really like and the suspense and buildup was terrific. But the actual haunting was kind of lame in my opinion. It was too bombastic. I was expecting something creepy like the book, but instead we got ice, wind, water, fire, ghosts, fantasies, webchats etc.
    Yes indeed. It was like a movie directed by someone who had literally never been scared in his entire life, but who had instead only heard people talk about being scared. In terms of making a scary movie, he knew what to do but had know idea how to successfully do it. I'm quite easily scared by movies, especially if I'm watching them in a theatre, and I was scared by not one single moment of 1408.

I think the film was a psychological thriller ... was it real, was it not, was it his past haunting him, or an actual spirit. I liked the film.

I like it....It is wonderful!

me too the only bad news my copy was lost in my collection hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_ View Post
    I think the film was a psychological thriller ... was it real, was it not, was it his past haunting him, or an actual spirit. I liked the film.
    I liked it too and think Thriller might be a good description, removing the expectation of SCARY....unsettling maybe. I think I am hard to scare when it comes to movies....I cant remember the last time I was genuinely scared by one...open to suggestions though!!

I would not remove the expectation of scary. The questions I posted (as the movie presented them) are scary. I find a lot of the writing to be thoughtful and scary in that way.

I liked it! I like Cusack, Jackson(of course) and to be honest, didn't really think Sai's story was all that. I liked the changes they made to the script., i mean they had to in order to make a movie out of it.,don't you think? What was the story like 14 pages ? (wild guessing there) NO disrespect to Sai King but I'm not a huge fan of the short story., I want more. Just like that annoying girl or cute depending on how you look at it or however many times you've seen the commercial. If you like it you want more. So yea, really enjoyed the movie because I knew they had to make changes.,and I was pleasantly surprised with them. And 100% percent agree with the Bag of Bones changes, YUCK! I'm not a big fan of Mick Garris's work, say sorry.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast