This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1408

Default Re: 1408

I really did not know 1408 was King.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I think he's one of the great movie stars of the past two decades. As you say, his choice of movies to be in doesn't always result in great movies; but I honestly can't think of a single movie that I didn't think was made better by his presence. MAYBE the first of the Star Wars prequels, but that movie is such a crapfest that nothing could have helped it.
    I always thought it was impossible to miscast Sam Jackson until I saw the Star Wars movies. He did not belong in that part. With all of the interesting roles he could have had in a movie like that, why the hell did they give him such a boring character to play?

I saw this movie at the cinema few years ago.
    Like it.
    And I like this idea with alternate endings.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I always thought it was impossible to miscast Sam Jackson until I saw the Star Wars movies. He did not belong in that part. With all of the interesting roles he could have had in a movie like that, why the hell did they give him such a boring character to play?
    He's bad in The Phantom Menace, but really, so is everybody else (Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor being mild exceptions). Lucas had clearly lost any ability he once had to direct actors. God almighty, what an awful movie...

I DON'T scare easy (being a paramedic turned me that way),

but I was still scared in that part where a guy appeared out of nowhere with a weapon and tried to attack him.

I watched the movie b/c I like those kinds of movies, about supernatural things. I actually believe there's a possibility that the paranormal world exists, and that's ALSO b/c I'm a medic.
    A patient we saved by giving her stacked shocks to restart her heart told us something about her near-death (or clinical death) experience that so far defies any natural or scientific explanations. She knew things that IMO she shouldn't have known.
    I like television shows like 'Beyond Belief: Fact Or Fiction' and I like stories of paranormal experiences.

I think 1408, the movie, was exactly like that. A paranormal experience.
    Last edited by Dana Jean; June 26th, 2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added spoilers

So, what stories did she tell you about her near-death experience?
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

I liked it because my x jumped in my lap when she got scared. And believe me she was scared. I could not take another hour.

I actually liked this movie! Saw it before I read the book oddly enough! I havent seen many movies made from SK's books, just this one, accidentally watched Desperation on tv late one night.... not many more. Don't want to ruin the pictures and stories in my head with badly made adaptions.... DOES anyone reccommend any movies made from SK's books that arent too bad that I could try out?

Quote Originally Posted by kylallie View Post
    I actually liked this movie! Saw it before I read the book oddly enough! I havent seen many movies made from SK's books, just this one, accidentally watched Desperation on tv late one night.... not many more. Don't want to ruin the pictures and stories in my head with badly made adaptions.... DOES anyone reccommend any movies made from SK's books that arent too bad that I could try out?
    Defiantly watch Christine. It is from the book A Buick 8. The movie is a must see about a car that comes alive and is dangerous. I don't want to be a spoiler alert and have not read the book to do a comparison.

Wow, I totally did not realize this was a Stephen King story. Explains why I love the movie though. I guess I missed it in the credits. Was it one of his earlier short stories? That could be why I forgot about it then.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast