This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand By Me --great flick

Stand By Me --great flick

This movie RULES! Rob Reiner and Frank Darabont should be the only people allowed to make King movies. Oh and King himself since I enjoyed Maximum Overdrive.

Is there anybody out there....that didn't like this flick?

Default Re: Stand By Me --great flick

Oh, I suspect that there MUST be someone. Nothing can ever be universally loved. But "Stand By Me" is a truly marvellous piece of movie making, based on a very fine short story.

And doesn't it also show us what was lost with the premature and senseless death of River Phoenix? He could've gone onto to be one of the greats.

SK has a wonderful talent for bringing young characters to life and making them totally plausible. "Stand By Me" is a prime example of this, as is "IT" when the main characters encounter Pennywise first time around.

I really have nothing negative to say about this movie, which beautifully evokes the wonder and innocence of childhood.

Stand By Me is one of my favorite films of all time. I love the characters and the kids who play they.
    It gave me an unreasonable dislike of Kiefer Sutherland (as Ace Merrill) that I've never been able to get over.
    The Revenge of Lardass Hogan is a classic tale within the tale- and I laugh till I cry when I watch that part.
    I just wish they had placed it in Castle Rock Maine, and not Castle Rock Oregon or Washington. I need my ficticious towns to stay in one spot and not relocate from state to state.

This is one of my all time favorites! I am not allowed to watch it with my husband since I can quote the entire movie verbatim...lol. It annoys him when I either say the lines out loud or even lip-synch them. I can't help it, I've lost count how many times I've seen it. Got to be dozens.

This movie is in my top ten favorites of all time! I can watch this movie over, and over again. It is such a great story!

It's one of my favorites too. I love that it recalls childhood so well. (Even though my childhood was a few years later than theirs)

yeah, great movie. 'bout the only thing i questioned (and it seemed to follow the story politely) is what drawn to ka-tet laughed till tears came, and that is the revenge of lard-ass hogan. knew someone that is/was bulemic/anorexic...didn't have a hospital file, she had a file drawer. eating disorders. nasty business. wondered, whilst watching it, how that part was going over for her. dunno, maybe she got off on it, though she didn't let anyone know if she did. so maybe it was only me who was bothered by it, even though i said, yeah, wtg, hogan, you go boy!

i like the part when they're in the swamp water, come out covered in leeches. gordy pulls open his briefs and faints dead away. that's just one of the reasons why i'm glad i'm a girl, to quote lisey's little sister. larry, prostituting himself out there in california, had leeches on him, too, or so someone told him, time to get out of the pool.

channel ten is still not working. digital. hrummmmph!

This is a truly great movie. I love watching it and as the original poster said, only Frank Darabont and Rob Reiner should adapt SK's work.

It is a good film, no doubt, and I loved it even though I had no idea that it was based on Mr King's work at a time (this was many years before I read Different Seasons). But the hero being a writer (again) and the main topic being children and where their imagination and determination take them should have tipped me off.

This movie! I love the way it portals you into a kids head!! Kids are cool, and I can remember all the small insignificant stuff like puke stories, dares, etc. It's the small stuff that is the most important. I felt all warm and fuzzy after this one!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast