Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where's Owen King???? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's Owen King????

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Where's Owen King????

I went to Owen's website and I have to say that I love the design. Click on some laundry.

http://www.owen-king.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    For me, eternally is about 5 more years. I think I can do that.
    ...Oh Jeezus-Pleezus...now you're gonna tie Frank's shorts in a knot again....

I shall call around before I head out to the bookstores here.

Marsha, stopped by a Hastings out here after going to the doc's and they had three copies in stock on the shelf. At least someone out here appreciates fine writers!

Found out a little more about why Barnes & Noble may not have had it. Rumor has it they're having money troubles so they've asked publishers to pay more for their premium displays at the front of the stores and Simon & Schuster refused so they're ordering very few of their books and when they do get them are shelving them in places where people will have a hard time finding them. The hard part of that, though, is that it's not just Simon & Schuster they're screwing over, it's the authors who have nothing to do with the dispute. Plus it may mean that, like you, their customers just take their business elsewhere if it's a book they want and B&N doesn't have it where they can find it.

Found out a little more about why Barnes & Noble may not have had it. Rumor has it they're having money troubles so they've asked publishers to pay more for their premium displays at the front of the stores and Simon & Schuster refused so they're ordering very few of their books and when they do get them are shelving them in places where people will have a hard time finding them. The hard part of that, though, is that it's not just Simon & Schuster they're screwing over, it's the authors who have nothing to do with the dispute. Plus it may mean that, like you, their customers just take their business elsewhere if it's a book they want and B&N doesn't have it where they can find it.
    This really makes me mad because I already am trying to single-handedly keep bookstores in business (as I do not like finding books online) but things like this make it much harder.

Money is tight for many. Sounds like they are biting the hand that feeds them. I'd rather spend my time reading a book, than searching for it. My book business shall go elsewhere. B&N might be losing even more-- there are two new SK books on the way this year!

Things like this help to explain why B&N is going under. What a bunch of maroons...

yeah its hard enough for folks like me without B&N biting those authors poor hands (and messing w/ his readers minds to boot) so speaking of boots-we may have to give it back (give THEM the boot!) Somebody needs to speak up or act up to demand fair treatment. only problem is it makes it difficult on our favorite writers unless we find another book source...we gots to get our fix! (ok THAT was ugly writing but I think you get my drift)

I prefer walking into a store, and for things that I know I'll be able to get on shelves -- such as Joyland and Doctor Sleep -- that's always the route I'll go. But if I think I'm going to be unable to find what I'm looking for, I'll go with Amazon. If there was an indie bookseller in my town, I'd go that route; but there isn't, so I can't.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast