Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we?? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we??

Default Re: Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we??

Quote Originally Posted by Kikici View Post
    So after hearing about the Veronica Mars fans and their dedication to seeing a movie, a light bulb went off. I have been waiting for the official announcement of a Dark Tower series movie since the first time I cracked open The Gunslinger. I am considered starting a Kickstarter project for our beloved Tower series. I would LOVE some feedback from you dedicated readers. If I have the support, I will set up the project tonight!
    Look, I apologize in advance for how rude this is going to sound, but...are you ignorant? Do you have no grasp on how expensive a Dark Tower movie would be, let alone a full series of them? You'd need to raise $500 million, bare minimum. Can't be done, and you'd be foolish to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I would pay to NOT have one made.

I am not a fan of movies from books and as this is one of my favorites ever..... well.
    You do know you can elect to simply not watch it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    You do know you can elect to simply not watch it, right?
    But I WILL. I have no self control.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I would never pay a red cent for any movie to get made; that's not my job. I pay enough to go see them. The movie industry is Big Business and that is not my responsibility. I have my own job and my own debts to pay. I love the DT series and if it never gets made into a movie I will be happy to reread it over and over again and be quite satisfied with the images in my mind's eye.
    I would invest in a movie's production, but only if I stood to gain from it. In the case of donating a tiny amount of money, my potential return would be necessarily tiny; but it would have to exist, if only potentially and only in tiny form. Otherwise, I'd be a fool for investing it, wouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    But I WILL. I have no self control.
    Ah, I see. THAT I can sympathize with.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I would invest in a movie's production, but only if I stood to gain from it. In the case of donating a tiny amount of money, my potential return would be necessarily tiny; but it would have to exist, if only potentially and only in tiny form. Otherwise, I'd be a fool for investing it, wouldn't I?
    Yeah. I think if there's no hope of getting in back it's really just throwing money at it rather than investing.
    Last edited by Shasta; March 28th, 2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: really not rally

I interviewed Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman for a book that's coming out soon. They discuss their plans in detail--I'm intrigued by their approach and I hope they get their financing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I interviewed Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman for a book that's coming out soon. They discuss their plans in detail--I'm intrigued by their approach and I hope they get their financing.
    I met Mr. Goldsman once. He was very nice. I like his writing.

I have been excited and disappointed so many times now that I'll believe it when I see the line up form for the movie, which will probably be.....Never!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    With or without them, it will happen eventually. Whether any of us live to see it is another matter...

Personally, I think it has a lot of potential. It won't be easy. Lots of things will have to be changed/added/deleted from/to the story of the novels, but as long as the end result is a good series, I can and will roll with those changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12