This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No remakes .... EVER!

Default Re: No remakes .... EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    There's only been one that was a flop...another day, okay...but I think these are the ones I've seen.

no please .... what was the flop ???

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I'm no fan of re-makes...to me, it just shows a marked lack of imagination...

Well, normally I would agree with you .... but actually ... the TV remake of "The Shining" was way closer to the book ... IMO

and I was pleasantly suprised at the remake of "the Omen" ... a movie I swore never to watch a remake to ....

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    One remake I would like to see is The Running Man. This could be a great flick in the right hands.
    I totally agree .... not to say I don' love Arnold ... but this was not even close to the original ....

Quote Originally Posted by Agincourt Concierge View Post
    no please .... what was the flop ???
    Now? Okay. Tommyknockers. Probably a limited budget...or something...all those people trying to look
    busy in the Leggo Village...don't recall if I watched all of it...and I think the blonde postal clerk would have
    been better if she didn't look like a floozie...sure she has all the right moves, curves, whatnot...did she smack gum,
    too? Could have done w/o the gum smacking. Too Lily Tomlin...listening in.

And too, I'd also seen Misery...good...can't remember if that was one I saw on the big screen...or only on TV.

Okay ....

I'll ask ....

SK movies I would like to see remade ....

The Running man ...
    Christine .... sorry I didn't really care for Arnie ...
    Pet Sematary ....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I'm no fan of re-makes...to me, it just shows a marked lack of imagination...
    That's true. The primary reason Hollywood produces so many remakes nowadays is because doing so requires next to no new writing, or anything else except maybe some effects and new, cheap faces. Hollywood is afraid of losing money; it's lost interest in art.

If a director and a studio think they can make some money off a project then they'll go ahead and do it. And I understand that to a degree.

I'd remake Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile or even my favorite film of all time The Godfather in a heartbeat if I thought it'd make me a bit richer and get me out of working fast food. I mean, I love art. But I love my wallet too. Of course, not all directors are so strapped for cash, but you always have the choice not to watch remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    ...I'd remake Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile or even my favorite film of all time The Godfather in a heartbeat if I thought it'd make me a bit richer and get me out of working fast food...
    I don't blame anyone for wanting to improve his/her life. But Hollywood has plenty of cash. They are cowards when they back away from an artistic challenge. As for the idea of remaking Shawshank, Green Mile, or Godfather, you'll agree when I say might as well repaint the Sistine Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I don't blame anyone for wanting to improve his/her life. But Hollywood has plenty of cash. They are cowards when they back away from an artistic challenge. As for the idea of remaking Shawshank, Green Mile, or Godfather, you'll agree when I say might as well repaint the Sistine Chapel.
    Oh, I never said it'd be remotely good. But if someone gave me a substantial fee do to it... well, hey, I hope they like looking at the Sistine Chapel with stick figures and smiley faces painted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Oh, I never said it'd be remotely good. But if someone gave me a substantial fee do to it... well, hey, I hope they like looking at the Sistine Chapel with stick figures and smiley faces painted on it.
    Depending on the fee, if you need someone to hold the ladder while you climb lemme know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast