Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
No remakes .... EVER! - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No remakes .... EVER!

Default Re: No remakes .... EVER!

In a day when Hollywood is full of remakes, I would agree fully with your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Agincourt Concierge View Post
    Pet Sematary ....
    That is one that I'd like to see remade, but they won't find a better Jud Crandall than Fred Gwynne was.

"but they won't find a better Jud Crandall than Fred Gwynne was."
    agreed ....

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Now? Okay. Tommyknockers. Probably a limited budget...or something...all those people trying to look
    busy in the Leggo Village...don't recall if I watched all of it...and I think the blonde postal clerk would have
    been better if she didn't look like a floozie...sure she has all the right moves, curves, whatnot...did she smack gum,
    too? Could have done w/o the gum smacking. Too Lily Tomlin...listening in.

And too, I'd also seen Misery...good...can't remember if that was one I saw on the big screen...or only on TV.
    Tommyknockers was not one of my fav SK books to start with .... movie could stand a remake .... but I don't agree with you about the "floozie" .. that was Traci Lords ... she made the movie bearable ....

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    If a director and a studio think they can make some money off a project then they'll go ahead and do it. And I understand that to a degree.

I'd remake Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile or even my favorite film of all time The Godfather in a heartbeat if I thought it'd make me a bit richer and get me out of working fast food. I mean, I love art. But I love my wallet too. Of course, not all directors are so strapped for cash, but you always have the choice not to watch remakes.
    nothing wrong working in fast food ...

now .... don't be blaspheming ..... remake the Godfather ??? although my fav was Godfather II

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Oh, I never said it'd be remotely good. But if someone gave me a substantial fee do to it... well, hey, I hope they like looking at the Sistine Chapel with stick figures and smiley faces painted on it.
    smileys and stick figures on the Sistine Chapel ??
    whoa

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I'm no fan of re-makes...to me, it just shows a marked lack of imagination...
    I agree with that to a certain degree. There are a minority of remakes done with respect and artistic talent that honor the original spirit of the art. For example, John Carpenter's "The Thing" which stays much more true to the original short story "Who Goes There" by J C Campbell (another JC). The Shining should not have been remade, no disrespect. I think Mr King just had to see for himself why Stanley Kubrick (another SK) did the changes he did. Creepshow could never be topped by a remake, duh. Brian DePalma's film version of Carrie is cult and also shoud have never been remade. Shawshank should not, duh. Most of the other films I haven't seen. One thing is for sure, if anybody is thinking of a remake of "Children of the Corn" or a Part 19, they otta be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Agincourt Concierge View Post
    Tommyknockers was not one of my fav SK books to start with .... movie could stand a remake .... but I don't agree with you about the "floozie" .. that was Traci Lords ... she made the movie bearable ....
    Are you joking?...she was SO annoying! I hated hearing her speak! Other than that, though...I don't mind The Tommyknockers.

I'd like a re-make of (don't kill me for saying this) The Dead Zone. I like Walken's acting in it, but it was so different from the book. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    Are you joking?...she was SO annoying! I hated hearing her speak! Other than that, though...I don't mind The Tommyknockers.
    yeah ... but she had that great tube of lipstick ....

and Ayko .... I agree with you about Children of the Corn ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast