This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Steve

Default Re: Question for Steve

Danny and his "shine" have haunted my dreams for years. Has he haunted your dreams too?

I was going to write a sequel for myself so I could finally get some sleep. Instead, I'll have a doctor help me sleep. I hope?

I agree Shasta. Great question Fushing!

I would first like to say that I really, really hated what Thomas Harris did to Clarice Starling in Hannibal. I loved Clarice in The Silence of the Lambs. I know Harris's job is not writing fairy tales with happy endings, but...

I love Danny Torrance, and because I know him as a child I feel very protective of him. I understand that he's now a man, and won't be the same sensitive and innocent character from The Shining. So I guess my question is this: when you were writing Doctor Sleep, did you feel the same way? If so, was it difficult to protect the memory of the child we love from The Shining, without turning him into a Peter Pan man-child or the brain-eating lover of a serial killer?

Quote Originally Posted by SusanNorton View Post
    I would first like to say that I really, really hated what Thomas Harris did to Clarice Starling in Hannibal. I loved Clarice in The Silence of the Lambs. I know Harris's job is not writing fairy tales with happy endings, but...

I love Danny Torrance, and because I know him as a child I feel very protective of him. I understand that he's now a man, and won't be the same sensitive and innocent character from The Shining. So I guess my question is this: when you were writing Doctor Sleep, did you feel the same way? If so, was it difficult to protect the memory of the child we love from The Shining, without turning him into a Peter Pan man-child or the brain-eating lover of a serial killer?
    This makes me think of another really good question (if I may expand into a different - but very similar - area of your question, SusanNorton):

As a Constant Reader for many years, it was difficult for me to get back into the life of Jack Sawyer in Black House after loving the Talisman for so many years and having a version of Jack in my head. Are you concerned that readers may face the same issues getting back into the life of Danny Torrance because of the time between the two novels? It can be difficult to adjust the view of a character in one's mind.

Did Danny ever get over that silly finger-talking thing?. Oh wait!
    Nooooo, don't let Mr. King know I said that..

Have you ever been tempted to write a prequel to one of your novels?

How about a sequel to Firestarter?

As we know, with novels like 'Under The Dome', sometimes an idea will stick in your head until you finally spend the time to complete something that you are happy with. How long have you had the idea for a sequel to 'The Shining' and are there any other ideas for sequels that are stuck in your head concerning your other works?

....Unca Steve, please tell me there won't be any plushies & furries in this one?.....

How hard was it for you, after years separated from the characters, to remember their particular tics? Or was this something that you possibly avoided for the sake of showing the characters' development and, if so, how much do the events in The Shining drive the characters in Dr. Sleep (Danny, Wendy, Dick [fingers crossec] to act in certain ways?

What was the inspiration for the artwork?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast