Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What happened to the "News of the Weird" thread? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the "News of the Weird" thread?

Default Re: What happened to the "News of the Weird" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Not quite what I was getting at, Hoss.

By allowing the OP to have a thread closed--or worse, vanished entirely--you negate all of the work put into the thread by the other posters who've contributed. If I spend an hour (or two or three) hunting up cites and relevant information to add to the thread, only to have it all poofed away at the OP's whim, then I guarantee you that all of my future responses will be Hey look--cute kitties doing silly stuff.

I will save everything worth putting any actual thought into for boards that appreciate all of their posters' contributions.
    I understand what you're saying. You can still access all of that data here.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

This?

vBulletin Message
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

This?
    I'm sorry... my bad, it must only be moderators and administrators that can still see the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm sorry... my bad, it must only be moderators and administrators that can still see the thread.
    At least we're on the same page now.

At least we're on the same page now.
    Quite literally.

I do understand what you're saying and I also see the unfairness of that. It can be hard to get a good balance.

The original poster requested that the thread be deleted. The thread itself has been soft deleted, meaning that moderators and administrators can still access it. Thus the confusion. Since I could follow the link, I thought it was only a closed thread, too.

Generally, we try to make decisions about threads based upon the original posters' requests. Since there seems to be much contention about the deletion of this thread, we will discuss bringing it back on Monday. In all likelihood, it will remain deleted.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The original poster requested that the thread be deleted. The thread itself has been soft deleted, meaning that moderators and administrators can still access it. Thus the confusion. Since I could follow the link, I thought it was only a closed thread, too.

Generally, we try to make decisions about threads based upon the original posters' requests. Since there seems to be much contention about the deletion of this thread, we will discuss bringing it back on Monday. In all likelihood, it will remain deleted.
    Thanks, Jordan, but there's no need to discuss bringing it back. It's a bubblegum thread, meant only for fun.

My concern was with threads that people have put considerable work into that might be disappeared at the OP's request, and what the policy for such a request might be.

Thanks, Jordan, but there's no need to discuss bringing it back. It's a bubblegum thread, meant only for fun.

My concern was with threads that people have put considerable work into that might be disappeared at the OP's request, and what the policy for such a request might be.
    Generally, we try to make decisions about threads based upon the original posters' requests.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Generally, we try to make decisions about threads based upon the original posters' requests.
    OK, then. Thanks.

OK, then. Thanks.
    ....I don't even remember now who the OP was...Opie?....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast