This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Feature - Owen King

Default Re: Double Feature - Owen King

I had a hard time getting into this but it grew on me, mostly because of Booth.

He was so quirky, different, and fun. I was kind of upset with Sam for disliking him so much though and I was glad for the resolution at the end with him. I hated the fact that Sam's movie was ruined. I wanted him to hunt down Brooks and confront him! So when they do come face to face at the end I was disappointed in how that went down. There were a few funny scenes, but I wish I didn't have that anticipation of hilarity before hand, I would have enjoyed it even more I think. Hell, maybe some of it just went over my head? lol
    I'll definitely be reading more of Owen's work in the future. 'Big Trouble' by Dave Barry comes to mind when I think of how they could pull off a 'Double Feature' movie adaption. I wonder if Owen has plans to adapt? Ps. Great review Bev Vincent!

Talk to me after the.. Dang it. I can't say it. I don't have spoilers on my phone.

I've finished. I'm finished. Wrung out. Definitely have book hangover from that one. Damn. Amazing.
    Last edited by Todash; April 11th, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

If you'll pardon the sound of me tooting my own horn ever so slightly, here's a link to an interview I did with Owen King:

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...owen-king.html

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    If you'll pardon the sound of me tooting my own horn ever so slightly, here's a link to an interview I did with Owen King:

Yeah, well, he liked my review on Goodreads AND liked Todash's review on her blog. So there. (Oh wait. Maybe yours is better.)

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post

Hmm, I thought I posted a reply to this, but I guess not. I meant to say thanks for all the innerestin (a recent Joe Hill spelling of the word) links in your interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Hmm, I thought I posted a reply to this, but I guess not. I meant to say thanks for all the innerestin (a recent Joe Hill spelling of the word) links in your interview!
    Thanks! Some cool stuff in there, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Yeah, well, he liked my review on Goodreads AND liked Todash's review on her blog. So there. (Oh wait. Maybe yours is better.)
    Hi, Shasta,
    Could you post a link to Goodreads and Todash, could you post a link to your blog so we can read thereof?
    Thankee,
    Dana

Quote Originally Posted by danie View Post
    Hi, Shasta,
    Could you post a link to Goodreads and Todash, could you post a link to your blog so we can read thereof?
    Thankee,
    Dana
    Oh, sure. Thanks for asking. I gotta tell you, though, SO many people that have read Double Feature seem to have been left with the impression that it was just a fun read. I ... didn't feel that way about it at all. So my review will probably be completely different from anyone else's. I always did walk to the beat of my own drummer ...
    Last edited by Dana Jean; April 15th, 2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: had to take out link

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, sure. Thanks for asking. I gotta tell you, though, SO many people that have read Double Feature seem to have been left with the impression that it was just a fun read. I ... didn't feel that way about it at all. So my review will probably be completely different from anyone else's. I always did walk to the beat of my own drummer ...
    Ack! Sorry, Dana Jean, I totally spaced. I'm a yes person. LOL.

Anyone who wants the link, just PM me.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast