This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Double Feature - Owen King

Default Re: Double Feature - Owen King

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, sure. Thanks for asking. I gotta tell you, though, SO many people that have read Double Feature seem to have been left with the impression that it was just a fun read. I ... didn't feel that way about it at all. So my review will probably be completely different from anyone else's. I always did walk to the beat of my own drummer ...
    I think having a different -- but still extremely positive -- review actually makes your review that much more worth reading, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Ack! Sorry, Dana Jean, I totally spaced. I'm a yes person. LOL.

Anyone who wants the link, just PM me.
    Oh, sorry, are links to personal blogs not allowed? I didn't realize...

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I think having a different -- but still extremely positive -- review actually makes your review that much more worth reading, not less.
    Thanks! I guess I just want people to understand that this is my take and that they might have a completely different experience.

One thing I've noticed: it seems like in general, men (including Owen's brother and his dear old dad) seem to take this as an entertaining, fun read. The people I've seen comment on the deeper stuff have been women. Of course, that's just generalizing off a few reviews I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by danie View Post
    Oh, sorry, are links to personal blogs not allowed? I didn't realize...
    I think they might be hashing out some details, but in general, no. I'll PM you, though.

Reading this now...1st from Owen for me. He has some interesting titles...something about connected...something about superheroes...or, that's my memory of things I've wanted to get to. Only just begun, as the song has it, like the memory thingies at work & play...anyone read Proust? Search for lost time. Curious, some of that sort of thing herein...kindle...ooga booga. No slurpee for you.

A true delight! Congrats to Owen King. I am left with the conclusion that he is a man wiser than his years.

DF is a book filled with great characters, great life insights. It covers the spectrum of emotions and made me laugh outright at several passages.

What more can one ask for in a book?

Did anyone figure out who Bea's boyfriend is? I inclined to think it's - GASP! - Tom.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; May 28th, 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

I don't think that's who it was. I'd say who I do think it was, but I can't figure out how to put it in spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I don't think that's who it was. I'd say who I do think it was, but I can't figure out how to put it in spoiler tags.
    * Click the Go Advanced button (situated between the Post Quick Reply and the Cancel buttons--bottom right of the reply box)
    * Write out your post as normal, then highlight the text you want hidden and...
    * Click on the Spoiler button,

(The red circle with a white horizontal bar running through the centre, it's just to the left of the big Wiki "W" in the last line of the post options.)
    your text should now be behind a spoiler.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Ooops! Apologies. I meant it as a joke BTW.

Was a little lost on where the story was going with this one...till I hit the end and it all tied up nicely.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast