Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The book sent 'round the world - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The book sent 'round the world

Default Re: The book sent 'round the world

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Doesn't it, though? I was signed up but it never made it my way. I'm sure Spidey will remember.

Let's start a list just in case it wasn't completed.

Let me know (everyone) if you want to sign up and where you are located.

Shasta- there were a lot if issues with international postal services, thus it was decided not to attempt another. Recent postal increases, especial international, would also be a concern. And those new improved custom forms! If I recall correctly, the last member to mail it off felt terrible with it being lost in delivery. It was in no way their fault. There was a tremendous amount of planning involved too. Mapping out a route, criss crossing countries and constant worry until the next member shouted out -- It arrived.

Good luck Shasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Shasta- there were a lot if issues with international postal services, thus it was decided not to attempt another. Recent postal increases, especial international, would also be a concern. And those new improved custom forms! If I recall correctly, the last member to mail it off felt terrible with it being lost in delivery. It was in no way their fault. There was a tremendous amount of planning involved too. Mapping out a route, criss crossing countries and constant worry until the next member shouted out -- It arrived.
    Hmmm... I'm sensing you think it's not a good idea. Say the word. I'll drop it. I completely trust your wisdom.

There was a picture of Sai King holding it with all the signatures.

That's too bad, Spidey.

Maybe we could do just a US version?

(Not that I don't love the rest of you.)

Or something not quite so valuable?

The idea isn't bad, Shasta. It's the system of mailing- even in the USA. As Madam said, it gets expensive. International mailing times can also be long. I often mail international and some countries will take up to 23 days for a first class card! Feeing can get hurt too.

The SKMB has tried other "group" projects such as the bookmarks that were made or bought and sent onto Sai King.

One suggestion that has come up is donations to the haven Foundation. That is near and dear to Sai King's heart.

The final Birthday celebrations decided upon was the toast at Just after sunset on Sai King's birthday- you time zone and the party travel around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    One suggestion that has come up is donations to the haven Foundation. That is near and dear to Sai King's heart.
    I really like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I really like this idea.
    and there is also this:

Limited Run T-shirts & Merch on Cafe Press - Get 'Em While They're Hot!
    March 7th, 2013 1:40:22 pm
    StephenKing.com is now offering limited run T-shirts and merchandise on Cafe Press to benefit The Haven Foundation. Each month, a single exclusive and original design will be available for 30 days and then discontinued.

This month, the Constant Reader will find a design based on The Dark Tower's North Central Positronics - Arc 16 Experimental Station. Wear 'em in good health!

Please note: All profits from Cafe Press sales are donated to The Haven Foundation. (There is a $1 mark-up for each item.)

Visit our Cafe Press Store

Where are you posting the list? Sounds like a great idea to go for it again, were you still planning on sending it abroad? If it was kept within the states we might be able to get a lot more people to fill it...I am in the shipping business and know how things like this can easily get messed up, miss placed and/or someone might not want to spend the money on getting it back (they might be a sad little person who thinks keeping it in their own collection would be more beneficial).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast