Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The book sent 'round the world - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The book sent 'round the world

Default Re: The book sent 'round the world

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch8494 View Post
    Where are you posting the list? Sounds like a great idea to go for it again, were you still planning on sending it abroad? If it was kept within the states we might be able to get a lot more people to fill it...I am in the shipping business and know how things like this can easily get messed up, miss placed and/or someone might not want to spend the money on getting it back (they might be a sad little person who thinks keeping it in their own collection would be more beneficial).
    I'm still deciding but it's looking pretty unlikely that it'll move forward at this point.

If you do go forward please let me know.Your heart is certainly in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm still deciding but it's looking pretty unlikely that it'll move forward at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch8494 View Post
    Where are you posting the list? Sounds like a great idea to go for it again, were you still planning on sending it abroad? If it was kept within the states we might be able to get a lot more people to fill it...I am in the shipping business and know how things like this can easily get messed up, miss placed and/or someone might not want to spend the money on getting it back (they might be a sad little person who thinks keeping it in their own collection would be more beneficial).
    Excluding people in other countries who want to participate just because they live on another continent isn't how I roll. I won't participate if that's going to be the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Excluding people in other countries who want to participate just because they live on another continent isn't how I roll. I won't participate if that's going to be the rule.
    I think it was more of a time/money/safety issue. They could do their own if they wanted to.

King family fan - will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Agreed. Over the past few years here I've spent a lot of money buying/sending things to various members of this board, and for no personal gain to myself. Personally, I find the idea of exclusion purely because I don't live in the USA insulting. "TheGooch"; I also feel the majority of members here would never agree to participate in something like this in the hope of keeping a valued book to themselves...that's not how we behave.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Agreed. Over the past few years here I've spent a lot of money buying/sending things to various members of this board, and for no personal gain to myself. Personally, I find the idea of exclusion purely because I don't live in the USA insulting. "TheGooch"; I also feel the majority of members here would never agree to participate in something like this in the hope of keeping a valued book to themselves...that's not how we behave.
    I think you guys are being way too sensitive about this US thing. It's just a logistics thing. Certainly not personal.

But I guess all of this sensitivity has decided that we will not be doing this.

And Ally is correct, TheGooch. This place is pretty family like and I don't think someone would intentionally take it.

I do agree. Excluding someone isn't right. Hope noone ever feels left out here.No matter where they live.

Okay. I really don't mean to sound rude here but I get it. We're not going to do it.

And if we did it's not like we'd be sending it out to people in the US and saying, ha, ha, you guys are excluded because people in the US are better. It would have only been because it's dangerous for people to put money into something that may get lost in a very flawed system.

But I get it. Everyone wants to be included and would feel left out so it's not happening. Thank you.

Marsha? Flake? Can someone please close this thread now?

Default Green Mile round the world?

I wanted to post on the book round the world thread then realised it had been closed, but I really want to say this:

There are six volumes of The Green Mile. And six major continents.

Default Re: Green Mile round the world?

Quote Originally Posted by fredthe3rd View Post
    I wanted to post on the book round the world thread then realised it had been closed, but I really want to say this:

There are six volumes of The Green Mile. And six major continents.
    I thought it was decided we weren't gonna do this...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast