This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen was hacked?!

Default Re: Stephen was hacked?!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Looks like Stephen King & his wife, Tabitha, had a 20-second cameo in this one...reminds me of the Hitchcock films...someone, an older sister maybe, told me he appears in all his films, if only as a...cameo...although that word was beyond both of us at the time. She used another word...and we'd watch his movies, looking for him.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eo_appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Rather than commenting on this, I think people should just go to the site and judge for themselves.
    What a load of sh*te! People just cannot believe one person could be so talented! But it was a great April Fool's joke (if that was what it was supposed to be?) p.s. On a completely different subject - I just finished Cell while on vacation and at the back it says Stephen does not own a phone. It was written in 2006 but really - that is awfully hard to believe. Surely by now he must have got one? (I will sell him my Samsung Galaxy S3 cheap) hehehe

Last edited by Neesy; April 2nd, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: mispelling

I don't have a cell phone either......

Hey Marsha, I have the next installment to the Dark Tower Series. I have a courier running over the final draft right now. Make sure Steve signs his name at the end. I will be glad to be out of the sweat shop for a while. Can you ask Steve if I can have two days off this time before I have to start writing again?

Oops, sorry, I thought I privately emailed that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    I don't have a cell phone either......
    Since I got my new three year contract I almost wish I didn't have one! But it does take nice pictures at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Hey Marsha, I have the next installment to the Dark Tower Series. I have a courier running over the final draft right now. Make sure Steve signs his name at the end. I will be glad to be out of the sweat shop for a while. Can you ask Steve if I can have two days off this time before I have to start writing again?

Oops, sorry, I thought I privately emailed that to you.
    No you naughty boy! Didn't you get the memo? "The beatings shall continue until morale improves!"

I like this thread....very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I'm not a writer, and know next to nothing about it. I don't believe the ghost writing claim will hold water, but many authors (that can afford it), use paid researchers to sift through information and write reports. Where does the research end and the some "ghost writing" begin, I don't know, but a few things come to mind.

1. As an efficiency minded person, I would use all resources at my disposal to maximize the quality of the work, if I did write.

2. The quality and consistency of Mr. King's work suggest his creative and directive force at work in the later books, even if not 100% involved.

3. I would guess there are also proof readers that help correct obvious flaws with some amount of efficiency.

4. Would I really be upset to find out Mr. King did not puncuate every sentence, or correct every flaw, no not really.
    Ya might just be overanalyzing things here () April Fool's! (one day late) Some people suffer from 'premature elucidation' whereas I suffer from 'delayed reaction'... My April Fool's was finding out that we have water damage in the upstairs bathroom! Where is Holmes on Homes when you need him? But anyway, I will keep on reading the stuff. You know what they say - You can't believe everything you read on the internet - so my hairdresser tells me...

He has since given in and admitted he does have a cell phone now.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I thought Ms Mod would be to scared t0o try another April fools joke after the Justin Bieber one that refuses to die.
    Last edited by fljoe0; April 2nd, 2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: idiotic spelling error

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast