Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
BEWARE!!!!!! - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE!!!!!!

Default Re: BEWARE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Oh my lord Hoss, your arm looked awful. I am so sorry that happened. I'm sure you are too.
    Meh, I am pretty tough, ya know... LOL

Seriously, it did/does suck. But I am playing guitar again already and can use it in a somewhat normal fashion. I am not at the point where I don't think about it yet. It still hurts a lot and gets sore easy. My arm in general is still pretty sensitive to getting banged around or squeezed. The surgeon told me I was about 6 months ahead of schedule as to usage, flexibility, strength and general healing. I did put myself through hell these last few months to get past it and may have done more than I should at times. But I guess it's just a question of how long you want to spread out the agony.

And Thanks, D.J., you rock!

How is it to go through life having that pink foot following you around all the time?

Glad your arm is getting better!!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    This is the x-ray post-surgery with me sporting the latest and greatest in advanced titanium alloy appliances. When I got the bills, the retail cost of the plate was $3500 and each screw was $300 (x 8=$2400). But, it doesn't get hot or cold (so weather won't bother me too much or at all), has almost no electromagnetic properties (so MRIs, metal detectors, etc., are no problem), and is 20 times stronger than my bone alone. I asked for the Wolverine implant upgrade, but the damn PPO wouldn't budge on it! These will go to the grave with me most likely.

Attachment 17282
    Then, um, can I have 'em...well I mean gee whiz you sure as hell won't be needin' 'em, and I already got the neatest little walnut lined hand hammered pewter box what would make a fine display.....'course for that to happen you would have juuuust that much time to get yourself famous, I mean it's hand hammered genuine pewter man, none of that bogus junk, and it's gotta nice milky blue stone of some kind center set on the top, so what I'm sayin' is, get thee some hot lick press, or it's probably Tupperware...but hey, it's genuine Tupperware.

Meh, I am pretty tough, ya know... LOL

Seriously, it did/does suck. But I am playing guitar again already and can use it in a somewhat normal fashion. I am not at the point where I don't think about it yet. It still hurts a lot and gets sore easy. My arm in general is still pretty sensitive to getting banged around or squeezed. The surgeon told me I was about 6 months ahead of schedule as to usage, flexibility, strength and general healing. I did put myself through hell these last few months to get past it and may have done more than I should at times. But I guess it's just a question of how long you want to spread out the agony.

And Thanks, D.J., you rock!
    I'm sorry this happened to you, hoss. I'm proud of your obvious good attitude about all of it. Please don't overdo the arm. Be as patient as possible and follow doc's instructions per activity level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZetsHi.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	17283
    "One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm sorry this happened to you, hoss. I'm proud of your obvious good attitude about all of it. Please don't overdo the arm. Be as patient as possible and follow doc's instructions per activity level.
    I am... I am only "cranking one out" twice a day as opposed to thrice...

I am... I am only "cranking one out" twice a day as opposed to thrice...
    ...tmi...

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    ...tmi...
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TZetsHi.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	17283
    Now, now, had you followed instructions and not looked you wouldn't know that's what it was.

It sucks hearing about Kevin Ware. That's a real tough break for a promising athlete...

Okay, I see myself out now.

Seriously, I've seen lots of injuries in sports I think this one might just take the cake. Although what happened to Marcus Lattimore and Napoleon McCallum was pretty bad, too. Same for Theisman. All bad in terms of seeing those replays, but just the fact that there were no pants to hide Ware's leg made things worse just to watch, I think. You actually saw the break.

Of course, seeing it is nowhere near as bad as experiencing and I hope to never have that particular pleasure. My heart's out to the guy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast